Chapter 12

"What are you doing in here? I have a meeting," she forced out and gave Mr. Mogul a killer look, all the while scoffing at his sudden intrusion. The glares they gave each other made Noah quietly adjust himself in his chair and the temperature of the room instantly sprung up a few notches. Mr. Mogul stood in the tall door way, vigorously tapping his rough fingers against his pant suit. His physique screamed power, his posture intending to throw Naomi off, but she wasn't going to back down. Her eyes stilled on his as he stepped deeper into the room. The two sets of eyes squinting in disgust and utter unacceptance. Their duel continued for a few more seconds until Noah cleared his throat and pulled her away from the black hole she was starting to get sucked into. He didn't speak and decided to stay mute while he silently wondered what was intensifying between the two of them.

"This is a closed meeting. You have no right to bust in here," Naomi rushed out. Her tone practically gestured him out the door frame. Without skipping a beat, Mr. Mogul countered,

"I own the place. I think you might have forgotten that."

He stepped deeper into the room and paced around the space behind the back of the couch until he stood completely in front of them. The door remained wide open and Naomi saw a couple employees passing by the room, casually strolling down the long hallway. She watched as Mr. Mogul tore his blatant cold gaze away from her. Then, he allowed his stare to linger down until he met Noah's. Noah returned the greeting and fired back a hard look. The two men silently challenged each other for domination. None wanted to remotely back down.

"And you are?" Noah questioned, ignoring Mr. Mogul's rude stare.

"Anthony Mogul, C.E.O.," he didn't bother to extend his hand and kept his hands fisted into his pockets. His eyes flickered over Noah and he scoffed to himself.

"Is there an actual reason you're in here? If so, please explain. If not, I would appreciate if you let my client and I proceed with our meeting."

"So...this is Noah," Mr. Mogul discreetly commented. He racked Noah up and down with an unflattering stare.

"I have to admit, Naomi. He's handsome AND a lawyer. You did good," he replied sarcastically.

"What are you talking about?" her brows raised at the accusation of her and Noah being together. Noah sat back in his seat and looked as cool and put together as possible. She envied him at this moment for staying so calm.

"You and him. I know you two are screwing."

Now this statement made Noah break out of his cool demeanor and resulted in him shooting Mr. Mogul an intense once over. Mr. Mogul kept his eyes trained on Naomi the entire interrogation.

"We are not seeing each other. And don't you think these false accusations are getting tiring?"

"The only thing that is getting tiring around this office is your inability to keep your legs closed. Which other clients have you took to bed? Maybe Dean? Chris? Oooh or maybe even Lauren."

"Fuck you," she blurted. Her hands were now shaking with rage and her entire face felt like it was set on fire.

"I made it clear no outside relations with your clients and I won't make an exception even for pretty boy over here."

"We are not together," Noah interrupted.

"Was I talking to you?" Mr. Mogul gleamed over his shoulder Noah.

"You are now."

"I see what you two are trying to do here. You want me to appear crazy and ignorant to the fact you are seeing each other. I won't allow it. And I don't believe any of the shit you two are saying," he gritted out. His thin lips shaped in a harsh line.