Chapter 7

Everyone's eyes were still set on Naomi, who stood erect and alert. They looked back and forth between the two, seeming to notice the tension.

"I'm having a wonderful time," she forced out with a fake smile.

"Well...I...have something to say...about you...Naomi," he muttered into the mic, and pointed in her direction.

She groaned internally. He was bound to say something stupid or something to jeopardize the company. The guests could already assume Mr. Mogul was intoxicated, and as soft whispers traveled through the room, she knew that they didn't approve. She momentarily studied his figure. His red tie was loosely undone. His pale skin was now a deep shade of red and Naomi could see his veins peeking through his forehead. The hairs on his head were unkempt and out of place. She noticed that his hands were fidgeting. This man has lost it. She wanted to drag him off the stage. She couldn't give a damn of what he had to say to her, all she cared about was saving Cupid's Arrow from the foolishness of Mr. Mogul. She cringed knowing that her drunk boss could possibly break the company at this very moment. Everything he's worked for and what she contributed over the years to the company would be a waste.

"We can talk about this another time sir, I'm sure the guests want to get back to their dates."

She projected her voice. The guest's balanced their gazes back and forth between her and her boss.

"No, I...need to say...this...now," his words were slurred and drawn out. She could tell that he was fighting the urge to not tumble over the mic stand.

"Sir," she said sternly. Her eyes boring into him.

"This is not a good time."

"Everyone...l-l-listen up!" he shouted. He stumbled away from the stand and made his way towards the stage stairs.

Someone please, get this man.

Mr. Mogul slowly reached for the railings. His arm movements were sloppy and he looked as if he would fall over at any moment. He stepped down the first step carefully and as he worked his way down, he struggled with his balance. Oh no. Continuing down each step, and he was almost to the ground, until his legs quickly jerked and missed the entire step. He desperately attempted to maintain his balance. He reached out for anything to help his stability but lost it, and tumbled right down the remaining stairs.

"Shit!" Mr. Mogul cried. He was sprawled out on the ballroom floor, tightly gripping the back of his right leg. Naomi rushed over to his side, kneeling down, while absentmindedly placing her hand on her shoulder.

"Oh my god," she paused. She was still shocked at his sudden fall.

"Are you okay?!"

"Does it look like I'm okay? You stupid twat," he said angrily, gripping his leg in agony.

In realization, Naomi broke away from him and stood up. Flashbacks filled her mind of how much of an asshole he really was. Yes, he was hurt and that was her first instinct-to nurture. But this man, didn't deserve her sympathy, after all the hell he's caused in her life the past week. She backed away. She let the two body guards intervene which they grabbed both sides of him and proceeded to carry him away from the ballroom.

"Wait," he said breathlessly.

"Naomi, I'm sorry," she heard him mustering from a distance.

"Naomi, I love..."

Before hearing the rest of his statement, the two men had exited the vast building with Mr. Mogul, whose voice vanished in the process.

The crowd shifted their attention from a distraught Mr. Mogul to Naomi who stood flabbergasted. What was he gonna say? Her stomach dropped, as she mentally went over the options. He loves what? Me? She felt uneasy. This night was proven to be quite a whirlwind for her and her changing emotions.

Naomi broke away from her thoughts, remembering the numerous curious eyes that were set on her. She cleared her throat and walked up the stairs with her head down and grabbed the mic. Before facing the crowd she took a deep breath, then looked up. She spoke blandly,

"I apologize for the sudden interruption, you may all resume with your dates."

With that some of the guests quickly listened, while it took a moment for the others to go continue their conversations, those who were still questioning what the hell was going on. She searched the crowd for a familiar face before stepping down and connected with Noah, who still looked at her quizzically. She knew he must have had questions about the situation with Mr. Mogul, but she couldn't face him now. She didn't want to speak to anyone right now. As usual, she had to remove herself to center her feelings and wild emotions. Of course, she was embarrassed by his actions, and how they reflected the company but what really bothered her was how he brought forth his feelings toward her in front of everyone. Drunk or not, he knew what he was saying. He wanted to say it. He wanted to call her out and make her feel uncomfortable. And he succeeded. Naomi shuffled off the stage, and maneuvered throughout the guests until she made it to the single stall bathroom, and locked the door behind her.

***

Hi readers,

Thanks for reading and supporting Access Forbidden!

This chapter was on the shorter side but I promise, there is gonna be some worthwhile scenes between Naomi and Noah next chapter (;

As always, if you liked this chapter and want to read more, please like, comment, and share.