Chapter 10

OMG!! I can't believe this is chapter 10 already and I'm thankful to all you avid readers out there who support this story (: And s/o to my girl Nina for getting on my case about uploading lol but don't forget to like, comment, and share and I hope you enjoy this chapter. Happy reading!

***

"Who was the client?" she added, trying her best to sound nonchalant. And despite the immediate flutter of her heart which started to beat violently at the idea of who it could be.

"It was an older man. He left his number, he didn't give a name though. But he sounded quite happy to speak to you."

Heather branched out and placed a note with a phone number in her palm. Naomi's cheeks began to redden as she imagined the possibility of Noah on the other line seemingly thrilled to talk to her. She shyly smirked and trailed her eyes away from Heather.

"Okay, thanks Heather I'll give him a call."

"Sure thing, have a nice day Naomi."

Heather returned her attention to the screen.

"Same to you."

Naomi walked past Heather with an eerily smile still plastered on her lips and proceeded towards her desk. Once she made it into the spacious room. She strolled past the numerous employees, maneuvering between the spaces to her seat. Naomi pulled out her chair, plopped down, and tucked her purse underneath it in a small compartment. She instantly reached for the phone next to her computer and dialed the number from the slip of paper. Holding back her mild excitement, she waited patiently while the phone rang a few times. The person on the other side finally answered,

"Hello," she heard a deep voice answer and butterflies immediately gathered in her pit of her stomach.

"Hello." Naomi returned the forwardness. The air between their two voices was still for a second until finally Naomi decided to speak.

"Yes, this is Naomi Riley calling from Cupid's Arrow Matching and Dating Services. I just wanted to give you a call back."

"Hi Naomi," the voice on the other line vocalized. "It's Aaron."

Naomi let out a breath that she didn't know she was holding. A wave of disappointment flooded over her.

"Aaron," she choked out. "It's great to hear from you. What can I help you with?"

Naomi started to tap her fingers unconsciously on the wooden desk.

"I just wanted to call and say thank you for all that you've done for me over these past couple of months. You certainly are one of the best. And even though it wasn't planned for Erica and I to even stand a chance together; I'm happy that you were willing to let what we had between us flourish."

There was a short pause. Naomi heard Aaron clear his throat and he continued,

"She's amazing and I'm so thankful I met her this weekend and I'm so thankful for you putting us together."

Aaron's genuine words lightly tugged at her insides. The fact that he was calling her to express his gratitude really said a lot to Naomi. She mirrored his kindness.

"You deserve it Aaron. Whatever you and Erica have going on will last as long as you two are willing to put in the work. Your relationship holds so much potential."

"Thank you," Aaron responded gently.

"Maybe Erica and I could even stop by one of these days to see you."