Chapter 15

The upcoming Saturday night, the club roared and upbeat frequencies beat at the thin walls as Naomi and Veronica strolled through the wide doors. Lights of blues, greens, and yellows flickered along their slender heels and bounced up to their perfected hairstyles. Naomi watched different girls of different body types dressed in skimpy outfits dance and maneuver their bodies on circular stages, all of them putting on a familiar act. As well as the club DJ aggressively fist bumping and happily shaking along to his sounds. Naomi scanned the room as the music flooded out her ear drums. She became completely hypnotized. People of all ages were packed in. Shoulders rubbed together with sweat, mouths were intoxicated with warm liquor and body parts flung languidly. The idea of personal space was out the window, and Naomi felt secretly intrigued to her surroundings.

Walking deeper in the pool of people, she stood tall alongside Veronica who'd already began shaking her petite hips to the sounds. Naomi saw her friend's body fully soak in the alluring beat and she smiled to herself. Men in all directions planted their eyes on Veronica, simply wanting and admiring. After a second, Veronica stopped and motioned to Naomi whose mouth fell parted open.

"Let's go grab something to drink."

The bartender was a lovely older woman with a full physique. The woman seemed to have many things on her mind, however, she moved swiftly. Continuing to pour drinks down the line of customers with an eager smile. Naomi and Veronica studied her as they took a seat and waited to order their drinks. Soon the woman took their drink orders and immediately placed two shots in front of them.

"You're drinking tonight right?"

"Maybe just one shot," she laughed.

"Just one?" Veronica said shockingly, genuinely surprised.

"Yeah, I don't wanna over do it."

"When is the last time you drank? It will be fine. Besides, aren't I always the one to over do it?" she grinned.

Naomi pondered her friend's statement. Veronica lifted the glass up to her lips and giggled. "C'monnnnn you know you want to."

Rolling her eyes and slightly parting her lips, Naomi titled her head back and swallowed the drink in one gulp.

"That's the spirit!" she cackled while swallowing the remnants of her shot. "We gotta have some more."

After a few more shots, Naomi could feel her stomach settle into a warm state. She burped a couple times and stared blankly out onto the dance floor, entranced by the other club goers.

"That means you're drunk," Veronica added.

"What?" A smile crept on Naomi's features.

"Burping means you're getting drunk."

Naomi felt another ball of gas form in her throat, she tried to hold it back but couldn't help it and released the pent up gas as long as she could. Nevertheless, the club's thunderous melodies gratefully tuned it out. Veronica shook her head back in forth with a smile on her face, "Definitely drunk."

"Shut up Vee and come dance with me."

The two girls snaked their way onto the dance floor. Once they found a spot, Naomi started to feel the rhythm. First, her hips swayed. Then, her hands. After, her legs. She continued until she felt it throughout her entire being. She twisted her hips slowly then faster depending on the tempo. Closing her eyes, she touched her frame lightly down her dress, imaging she was alone. She felt alive, free, and sexy with every step. In this moment, she didn't care about anything that happened in the week, and she allowed herself to once in her life—let go.