Chapter 1

Dear daughter,
It is time for the kingdom to learn of your name and existence, there's a war on the horizon, I need you by my side.

The brother of Corlys Velaryon, Lord of the Driftmark, Ser Vaemond petitions the council at kings landing to name him as the heir to driftmark, claiming for Lucerys Velaryon illegimate.

It was for this reason kings landing was graced by the return of Rhenarya Targaryen, a true heir to the iron throne.

The night was heavy and cold, everybody anticipating the next mornings briefing. Many tossed and turned in their beds, paced their chambers eagerly.

Aemond Targaryen had other ways to ease his mind, soaring through the night skies on vhagar, the largest dragon kinds landing had ever been a home to. Though the peaceful skies broke when a shadow came rushing past the price and his dragon, the gush of wind catching them both by surprise.

Once steadied, Aemond glanced all around him, searching for the source of the interruption. It wasn't until he glanced at the bright moon above him, that a large dragon much larger than his own soared gracefully above them.

"sōvēs vhagar." The prince commanded his dragon to race after the unknown, he tried to see the rider though unsuccessful, it was hiding behind a cloak, but he caught glimpses of white long locks under the hood.

Impossible, he thought. Nobody from their family rode a dragon like such, black as the night. The prince attempted to keep his pace up with the beast, but as a black dragon puffed out a cloud of fire vhagar was forced to surrender, loosing the other dragon in the night.

Though the next morning, Aemond Targaryen couldn't keep his mind focused on the business before him, instead he found himself wondering who the dragon belonged to. His focus had shifted, when the door opened to reveal his father, king viserys limping into the great hall, taking his rightful seat at the iron throne.

Opposite of him stood his sister, Rhayneara With her husband and his nephews who were mere years apart.

"I must admit my confusions, I do not understand why petitions are being heard over a settled discussion." King Viserys was at the end of his days, finding it rather difficult to get through a sentence completely.

"The only one present who might offer a keener insight into lord corlys wishes is princess rhaenys." The princess stepped forward once called upon, everyone waiting for her what she had to say.

"It was ever my husbands will that driftmark pass through to ser laenors true born son lucerys valeryon. His mind never changed nor did my support for him." Rheanyra seemed to relax, placing a loving arm around her son.

"Well then the matter is settled."

"You break the law and centuries of tradition to isntall your daughter as heir. Yet you dare to tell me who deserves to inherit the name valeryon.

He is no nephew of mine, princess rhaenyras sons are bastards and she, is a whore." Loud exclaims and muttering filled the great hall, the king was appalled as were many others from his family.

Though Eagon and Aemond Targaryen found it rather amusing, the claims of their nephews legitimacy being brought up once again before an audience.

"I shall have your tongue for that." King viserys leaned out of his seat, pulling out a knife from his buckle. But in a swift and sudden moment, blood splattered out from ser vaemond, half of his head thudding on the ground before the royalty.

"He can keep his tongue." Daemon Targaryen held his sword down, defending his wives honour as the kings hand ordering the guards to take the prince.

In the middle of the commotion, the doors of the great hall opened to reveal a young girl in a red gown. People gasped as she walked down the aisle, closer to the king. Not because she had arrived unannounced, but because of her long white locks that flew seamlessly down her back. She held her head high, staring straight in front of her, not missing a step.

"Stop, state your business." The guards held their swords in front of her, stopping the girl from taking another step. The girl smirked, looking down at the headless body beside her feet.

"I apologise for the delay grandsire, it seems as though I missed all the fun." She stood with her hands folded in front of her, Queen Alicent and her family carefully watching her.

"May I introduce Daenerys Eamma Targaryen, first born of Princess Rheanyra and Daemon Targaryen."