Chapter 10

Princess Haelenas prediction wasn't about Daenerys, it made sense the second she slipped that eye patch off her now husbands eye.

There is no denying the surprise on her face when she connected the dots, it was Aemond who's loyalty would be challenged not hers. Though he didn't know what was going on in her head, his heart stung a little thinking she was afraid of his crystal eye.

When Daenerys realised what she had done, she held the boys face with both of her hands, gently pulling his face closer to her to place a light kiss on where his eye should of been. She never wanted to make him feel as though she didn't love that part of him.

A wedding without the knowledge of the King is considered to be a very serious insult, this was the only worry Daenerys had when the queen was to find out about what they had done. But Aemond was quick to remind her that they're engagement was already announced publicly and it was kings wish for them to get married.

"Would you care to join me today, wife ?" Aemond appeared in her chambers early the next morning, after they lay together he snuck back to his own through the secret passageways, knowing the maids would see them in the mornings and they didn't want whispers to spread.

Daenerys wondered if she had done the right thing, marry Aemond Targaryen. Though her emotions got the best of her and she clouded her judgement. It was only the beginning to the boy being torn between two worlds of protecting his family and loving his wife.

Daenerys agreed to going out into kings landing with Aemond, though she found it hard to focus as every-time she looked at him she got flashbacks of the night prior. The way she could feel his chest rose rise roughly when he pressed himself against her body, her skin burned everything he touched her.

"Focus, Princess." Daenerys hadn't been looking ahead of her, bumping into the boy when he stopped without her noticing.

The girl still felt nervous under his gaze, when he towered over her, backing her against the stone walls. Aemond had to bend down everytime he wanted to face the girl head on, grabbing a handful of her hair at the back of her head, tugging at it to tilt her face to look at him.

Aemond knew what he was doing to the Princess, he could feel her whole body shiver as he planted kisses down her neck. Uttering his usual hmm, he pulled away to continue his walk leaving the girl to regain her composure.

"Ser criston, what a pleasure to meet again." Daenerys smiled sweetly at the guard, upon meeting him outside the passageways.

They still hadn't explained to her as to why they were to walk the streets of kings landing, but the two men looked like they were on a mission, sharing secretive glances. Ser criston went about his own way, Aemond taking Daenerys with him. They visited several establishments, looking for Aegon as much the girl observed.

Eventually they came upon the church, sir criston ending at the same as the couple. Daenerys questioned why they were searching for Aegon, it was normal for him to disappear for days on end.

"I do regret this friend." Ser Erryk and Ser Arryk Cargyll walked out, holding a tight grip on Aegon only to be met by cristons sword pointing at them.

The man dropped his hold on Aegons arm, the boy seemed to be dazed for a second but he was clearly mustering up a plan. Suddenly he broke into a sprint, running down the stairs with Aemond after him while cole clashed swords with the other man.

Daenerys was stunned, caught in a cross fire she grabbed a hold of her dress and began running down the stairs after the two brothers. Aegon was foolish thinking he could get away from Aemond, the younger brother was much faster than the drunken one. She didn't understand why he was running away.

Daenerys glanced back to see ser criston being kicked down the stairs and ser erryk running after the girl and the two brothers, she gasped cursing Aemond for not warning her to bring a weapon of her own. Watching where her feet went, she finally caught up to the two brothers, Aemond slamming his body into Aegon to knock them to both to the ground. Aegon found it rather hilarious, laughing and giggling like a young girl as the boys rolled around.

"Is our father truly dead ?" Daenerys gasped as Aegons remark, pulling down her hood her hair cascaded around her face as she suddenly froze from her run.

"Yes and they're going to make you king." Aegon spat at Aemond, pushing him away so he could try and continue running away, but he was no match for his brother.

"No let me go, I have no taste for duty. I'm not suited. Let me go and I'll find a ship, sail away, never to be found." Daenerys watched the scene unfold before her, she immediately felt betrayed and for the first time in her life, felt pity for Aegon.

"You tricked me." Daenerys spoke in disbelief, disappointment lacing her voice as Aemond finally caught her eyes.

"You knew that I'd find out immediately when King Viserys passed. The ceremony was held as a distraction."

"You got married ?" Eagon wiggled under Aemonds grasp, shaking him to be quite and stop interrupting. Though Eagon looked uncomfortable to be involved in marital problems, clearly never resolving his own.

"You think that was his idea ? I thought you were smarter than that, dear niece." Eagon laughed like a maniac, Daenerys glanced between the two brothers waiting for Aemond to say something.

Daenerys wanted to believe that Aemond took matters into his own hands, perhaps marrying the girl so suddenly was the queens idea, that was when she found out about the kings death she wouldn't be able to leave so easily. But the ancient traditional valarian ceremony was Aemonds idea, that even though it wasn't on the couples own accord, they could still make it special.

"Look at him, Aemond. He isn't suited for this, let him go to disappear."

"Listen to your wife, brother." The trio stood in silence for a brief moment, Daenerys eyes were pleading Aemond to make the right choice, but it was too soon for him.

"The queen awaits." Ser criston took Eagon off his brother, escorting him back to the castle.

"You and the queen are foolish to think marriage will stop me from leaving to join my mother. You had all the cards in your hand, you could of stopped a war Aemond." Daenerys marched into the boys face, not caring who witnessed their interaction. Though shorter, the girl was able to make her anger known to him.

"If you can't watch your mouth, I will shut it for you. I have no issues in chaining you to your chambers." Daenerys scoffed at his remark, thinking he was now the high and mighty, having some sort of a hold over the girl.

"You didn't just rip my mother off the iron throne, but me too as her heir. You could of ruled by my side."