Chapter 15

Vermithor was over thrown, the knock Vhagar gave him from under caused the dragon to tilt on its back, the blow being so hard, he was unable to fly. Daenerys screamed, being turned upside down her hands scrambled to hold onto the harness the wind whistled past them as they rapidly fell freely through the sky.

"Soves, Vermithor, soves." Daenerys commanded her dragon to lift his wings, though unsuccessful he began turning his body but the girl could already see solid ground quickly approaching them.

Silver wing raced after the falling dragon, wrapping its claws around its body attempting to minimise the crash with the ground. Though significantly smaller, silver wing managed to flap its wings to slow down the larger dragons fall.

Though upon meeting the ground beneath them, silver wing let go of its grip in the last second so she wouldn't get caught up in the fall, Vermithor growled as it's body slid against the grass for a few moments before coming to a stop.

Aemond watched on his dragon in the skies as his wife fell freely, mounted on her dragons back calling out for it to fly and save them both. Once he gained control, he flew after her, landing far enough from the two dragons as to not start another fight.

But the Prince couldn't force himself to go to the crash site, a terrible feeling plagued his mind at the thought of seeing daenerys body, a death he caused. But his body listened to his heart, instead of his head, his feet breaking into a run quickly looking for Daenerys body.

Aemond ran towards where Vermithor lay, he could hear it's heavy and struggled breathing but he was unable to spot the girl anywhere. Until he heard a distant coughing, the injured dragon lifting its wing to reveal its rider that it protected.

"Daenerys." Aemond called out, dropping to his knees once he reached the girl, pulling her into his body.

"I'm sorry, please forgive me." As they were falling, Daenerys got trapped until silver wings claws as it held onto Vermithor to ease its crash, but once he hit the ground once, Daenerys grip on the reigns got lost sending the girl off the dragon who managed to catch her in between its wings, shielding her from any more damage.

"You could of killed me." Daenerys let Aemond pull her up by her arms, her chest aching from her hard coughing.

"I lost control."

"What did you expect, is that what you wanted, to kill me ? So you could please your mother yet again and marry a Baratheon girl ?" Daenerys began shoving the prince, beating into his chest with her fists.

"Vhagar is not only a war dragon but had to burn her last rider. No matter how long you've been bonded to her, she's unstable. You're a fool for initiating this chase." Vermithor slow growl stopped the fight between the couple, Daenerys immediately running to check on his injuries.

The princess walked around her dragon, carefully studying its belly and chest for any injuries. Daenerys rested her two palms against the dragon, then placing her ear again it listening intently to its breathing patterns.

"How is he ?" Aemond watched as his wife tended to her dragon, it's long neck lifting to move its head towards the Prince, silverwing also stepping forward in warning, knowing he was the rider of vhagar.

"Vermithor will be fine he just needs rest, just surface wounds and the blow from vhagar just knocked his wind out." Aemond responded with his usual hmm, standing before the girl who's hair was tangled, dirt and dust covering her body.

"Let us run away."

"What ?" Daenerys was confused at his statement.

"Lucerys no doubt flew back to dragons stone to inform your mother of what happened, if you do not return they will assume you dead. We can leave not having to fight our families wars."

"Those wars are ours to fight, they will determine the future not only for us but for those that come after us." But Daenerys knew Aemond was right, there was no doubt sapphire carried him home and if he had heard even the slightest of the fight between the dragons, he would only assume the worst.

"Vermithor isn't capable to fly and silver wing won't leave him. You must fly to dragon stone and inform mother I am alive, before something much worse happens."