Chapter 16

It took daenerys a lot of convincing and long arguments to persuade Aemond to travel on vhagar to dragon stone and pass the news to her mother, that her daughter was alive and well. Though Aemond refused at first, daenerys was quick to remind him that it was his fault they were in this situation to begin with.

Daenerys had no doubts he would fulfill his journey and promise, it wouldn't be too long before she too could return home once Vermithor had regained his strength.

When Rheanyra and Daemon spotted sapphire and arrax on the horizon, they wondered why they were returning so soon and not had made their way to winter fell according to plans. But when the two dragons landed and Lucerys appeared on sapphires dragon back, they knew something had gone terribly wrong.

Lucerys ran to his mother, shaken and not making any sense with his words as they all seemed to jumble together.

"Daenerys persuaded lord Baratheon to take our side and pledge his allegiance to you." Although daemon was pleased to hear such news, proud of his daughter for doing as instructed, it didn't explain as to why she hadn't returned.

"Aemond was there too, he said I had a dept to pay, eye for an eye. Him and daenerys began fighting, she send me off on sapphire and then- I don't know what happened all I heard were screams and the dragons roars and then it was quite." Lucerys was distraught, frantic and shaking.

Rheanyra held her son in an embrace, her heart racing wondering what could of went wrong. Though aemond killing his own wife was the last thing she concluded to.

"Why would she send you on sapphire ?"

"Because Aemond would of gone for Arrax if she hadn't held him back, he wouldn't of expected Lucerys on sapphire." Daemon stared into the distance, expecting his daughter to appear on the horizon.

"Aemond Targaryen killed our daughter."

"No-"

"Get the ships, troops and dragons ready. We set sail to kings landing immediately." Daemon was hot headed, let emotions cloud his judgement.

"I am the queen and you will listen to my command. Aemond wouldn't leave anything happen to daenerys, he cared for her."

"How would you know ? He is loyal to his mother, that boy would do anything to please her."

"Because he was here just the other night, with Daenerys."

"You left him stay here, with her in dragon stone ?" Daemon was surprised to hear such news, letting one of the greens reside in dragon stone was unimaginable.

Rheanyra tried to argue with her husband, reminding him that they were married. Rheanyra knew at the end of it all, it would be aemond and Daenerys to bring both of their families back together but at the moment, there were all falling apart.

There was no talking to Daemon, he was irrational demanding he was to set on dragon back to kings landing in the morning, storming away before Rheanyra could try speak to him any more.

It was late into the evening when the guards came to warn the queen and her husband of spotting a dragon heading their way, they both immediately recognised it to be vhagar. Daemon stormed out of the keep towards where vhagar landed, drawing his sword to Aemond who had already stepped off his dragon.

"How dare you show your face after murdering my daughter." Daemon dug the tip of his sword into Aemonds chest, the prince holding up his arms in defence.

"Your daughter is alive and well."

"I don't see her." Rheanyra stood back, watching the pain and anger on her husbands face. Aemond avoided daemons gaze, instead glanced back at Rheanyra who he knew was more sensible and in control of her emotions not to let her judgment be clouded.

"Vermithor is injured, she remained by her dragon to tend to him." Aemond spoke to Rheanyra, not to the one before him that held a sword to his chest.

"How did this happen, Aemond ?" Rheanyra questioned him, standing with her hands folded by her stomach.

"I lost control of vhagar, Daenerys warned me but i didn't listen." Though Rheanyra believed the boy, daemon refused to believe the words he spoke thinking it was a trick by the green.

"Believe me, I wouldn't hurt Daenerys."

"Escort him to the dungeons."

"Daemon-" Rheanyra tried to interfere, but daemon insisted until Daenerys returned to dragon stone alive, Aemond would reside in the dungeons guarded. Aemond didn't fight it, knowing he deserved this outcome.

"Mother, I believe his telling the truth. I saw the way he looked at sister." Lucerys stood by his mothers side, watching as Aemond was getting led away by the guards.

"Has my son returned yet ?" Lady Alicent stood in her chambers over looking the ocean, expecting to see vhagar any moment.

"No, your highness."

"He should of been back by now." Alicent sensed something wasn't right, though the kings guard and her father reassured her that there is nothing to worry about.

"Perhaps he went to see his wife." Eagon sat in his mothers chambers, drinking from his golden cup already having more than enough for one day.