Chapter 5

"Would you mind giving me a ride ?" The two brothers looked at each other and then their sister, as they stood in the dragon pit waiting to retrieve their dragons.

"My dragon is flying about somewhere."

"Your dragon isn't in the dragon pit ?" Before them appeared two large creatures, much smaller than sapphire but still magnificent.

Arrax that belonged to Lucerys was a pearlescent white colour, next to it was Vermax, Jaces dragon. The girl went towards the beasts, holding out the palm of her hand for them to nuzzle their nose into it. Daenerys had a way with dragons, it seemed as though they all connected with her, they sensed her respect for them.

"Creatures as magnificent as dragons shouldn't be bound to chains and caves." She waited for her brothers to mount their dragons, awaiting for one of them to invite her up.

Daenerys ended on Vermax with Jacerys, who gracefully glided through the clouds out of kings landing. None of the siblings noticed the shadow that lurked in the dragon pit, watching them carefully, ready to follow them out into the skies.

A loud roar rumbled through the skies, shaking the two brothers in fear not knowing where it was coming from.

"Wait, what are you doing ?" Jace shouted at his sister, who he felt standing up behind him on his dragon.

"Keep your dragon steady." Daenerys called out, steadying herself on the beast, taking a few steps down towards it tail. She glanced over the edge of its body, before taking a step off.

The two brothers saw this and began to panic, thinking their sister was gone crazy flying off the dragon into mid air. Jace began to steer his dragon to the side, searching the skies where the girl might of gone if not down. But from below him rose a large dragon, the young girl on the back of him, quickly darting through the clouds.

The three siblings raced around the lands of kings landing, no doubt causing a scene on the ground below them. It was a simple occasion to them, race through the skies, but it mattered. It was a time for them to bond together, establish that they are family.

That evening a celebration was held, for the newly engaged Lucerys and Jacerys. One last evening before they were to depart back to Dragonstone the following morning.

Daenerys retreated to her chambers after her dragon ride, maids already waiting to prepare the princess for the evening. They bathe her before placing a silver gown on her body, the colour matching her hair that had plaits running through it.

The young girl excused her maids, taking a few moments to herself before the celebrations. That was her excuse, she wasn't able to tell them the truth how she had to listen to the whispers in the walls, to update her on the doings in the castle.

A knock on her door distracted her, princess Healena entering her chambers. She was cunning, timid young girl, strange as some would say but Daenerys related to her.

"I'm sorry to interrupt princess, I was wondering if you'd like to sit with me for a while before the celebrations tonight. I have been eager to get to know you." Daenerys smiled at the girl, welcoming the girl in, waving her to a chair by the windows.

Danny felt for the girl, being married to such a horrid man. Though it wasn't unusual in the Targaryen blood line to marry family, she was unsure why their mother would make a girl like Haelena suffer knowing what she was like.

"I was just listening to the whispers in the walls, do you hear them too, Princess." Daenerys felt as though she could trust Haelena, seeing her eyes light up at the comment confirmed her suspicions.

"Yes, although I mostly hear them in my head or my dreams." The girl knew Haelena had a special gift, one that often skipped generations and was only brought forward to the one who was most open minded.

The two princesses chatted for a few moments before the guards came to retrieve them, walking them towards the great hall where the celebrations were held. They were seated at the head of the table, Daenerys was seated on one end of the table and opposite of her, sat her uncle Aemond.

Daemon sat lazily in his chair, slumped over leaning his hand against his chin, studying the scenes before him. Jacerys and Lucerys were on the dance floor, dancing with their soon to be wives.

Daenerys looked up from her plate, expecting to see a familiar face across the table but the seat was empty. She was surprised when she felt her seat was pulled out from behind her, glancing up was the young man with a patch over his eye, holding out his hand for her to take, though looking out into the distance not at her.

The girl smirked, taking it as though not to appear rude to the prince. Letting him guide her to the middle of the dance floor, he slid his hand around her waist, intertwining his fingers between hers.

"May your mother be the reason why you've taken me to dance, Uncle ?" Daenerys knew Aemond could understand High Valeryon, but he didn't know she spoke so fluently.

"We were simply the last two left at the table." Though his statement was true, she knew better than to let his weak words be true. The girl was able to see right through his cold façade.

"Perhaps my sources had been wrong."

"What is it, that your sources have heard ?"

"Your mother has presented an offer to you, to strengthen the alliance between herself and my mother." Aemond hummed, wondering to himself how the girl was able to get such information when their meeting was held in private, behind closed doors.

"The walls have ears you know, I hadn't realised you had such keen interest in me. Or it is that your mother needs a distraction from your brother while she cleans up his mess ?" Aemond pulled the girl closer to him, even though nobody was able to understand them he feared that somebody might see through his mothers plan.

Aemond was not one to be bothered by political matters, but he would do anything to protect his family.

"I would be very careful what comes out of that mouth of yours, this isn't the first time you're threading on a delicate matter." Alicent worked hard to keep her eldest sons, Aegons issues quite, sweeping them quickly under the rug. If only somebody stepped in and aired out those dirty secrets, it would mean the end to their plans.

Daemon Targaryen leaned forward out of his seat, watching his nephew carefully as he placed his hand at the back of Daenerys neck, pulling her face close to his, their lips barely brushing off each other.

"Remind you of something ?" Rheanyra spoke up beside him, watching the same thing unfold before her.

"This is different, how dare he put his hands on my daughter." Daemon stood up from his seat only to be pulled back down by his wife, who tugged at the sleeve of his shirt. Rheanyra smiled at him, nodding her head towards the pair on the dance floor, knowing her daughter was much too strong willed to let a man treat her like that.

"I would suggest you stop telling me what to do and get used to this mouth of mine, if you expect me to marry you." Daenerys pulled herself up, standing up to Aemond who had a possessive grip on her.

She smirked when his expression changed, putting him back in his place where he belonged. The girl made him feel small, nobody was ever able to stand up to him the way she did.