Chapter 22

The day had arrived, thousands of men sailed across the sea to kings landing, hundreds of boats and seven dragons. The greens stood at one side of the battle field, awaiting the arrival of the reds. Alicent hid in the red keep with Healena and the children, gazing out across the waters watching them arrive, dragons sending out their roars as a warning, to let everyone know they had arrived.

The riders had landed their dragons, marching to the front line. The warriors and leaders stared at each other at a distance, the reds having an significant advantage.

Rheanyra was the only one who flew forward, to meet Aegon in the middle. Vhagar stood back, with her rider on its back, who was looking for a certain girl, hoping she'd listen to his request even though she didn't respond.

"Let it be known, you're so called king refuses to give up one life to save thousands. Instead, he will sacrifice all of you for himself. Take this as your final chance to pledge your loyalty to me and let your life be spared." Rheanyra mounted her dragon again, warning the greens of the selfishness of their king.

They retrieved back to their respected sides, Rheanyra as the queen remained on dragon back. While the other leaders stepped out of the crowd, making their presence known.

Aemond leaned forward on vhagar, the dragon positioning herself to let him see over her large head, watching as Daemon and Brandon stark, stepped to the side watching someone make their way to the frontline. A low groan on frustration rumbled in his chest, seeing Daenerys take her stand between Daemon and Brandon.

Brandon smirked at the young Princess, not only was it his first time in a big battle but they were making history today and there wasn't anyone he'd rather do it with than Daenerys by his side.

Aemond was frustrated but a part of him knew she'd never listen him, she was here avenge her brother. The prince watched as Aegon went to stand at the back of the lines while the reds leaders led their men, to the front, just like Rheanyra pointed out.

"Take down the men first, let Aegon watch as we come for him." Daemon stood holding a sword in his hands, watching the fight that awaits them.

"Take down vhagar." Daenerys gasped, her head snapping to her father after his instruction, she got a familiar tightening in her chest.

"That wasn't the plan."

"Plans change, child." Before the princess had a chance to react, her father raised his sword Staring at the queen on her dragon, awaiting her word to begin the fight.

Daenerys caught the eyes of her mother, the queen still appeared unsure as to whatever or not let them go ahead but when she looked into her daughters eyes, she could see the memory of daenerys bringing Lucerys body home.

Rheanyra nodded, sending the reds forward into battle. Daenerys felt the ground shake as the hundreds of fighters ran forward, their shouts and calls filled her ears. The dragons roared, awaiting their signal to go forward into the battle. The reds had a significant advantage with numbers, even if they had no army, the seven dragons compared to the green two, three if you were to count Helena's and aemonds but they refused to participate in this slaughter. Lucerys dragon, Arrax remained on dragon stone, unclaimed and mourning the loss of her rider, Beala and rheanna always remained on dragon stone.

Caraxes flew above daenerys head, daemon grabbing onto its reigns as it flew ahead mounting his dragon, heading straight for vhagar. The princess felt her anger brew, her eyebrows furrowing together in frustration.

"Caraxes." Daenerys glanced back at her three dragons that stood behind her, raising her sword to swing it forward towards their target.

Aemond glared at daenerys who marched into the battle field, her three dragons flying over head. She swung her sword gracefully, killing every man that ran at her. A part of him was proud, knowing she'd always be able to defend herself. Though he didn't like the young stark fighting along side of her, the two seemed to finding themselves rather entertained.

"I never thought I'd be fighting along the side of a princess."

"Make this your lucky day." Aemond was so focused on his wife, he didn't see the dragon approach his until it dug it's claws into the side of vhagars body.

Aemond recognised it be caraxes, daemons dragon. He clutched the reigns tightly as vhagar fell to the side, fighting off the grip from the dragon. It wasn't until silver wing flew full force into caraxes, hitting her body against his to knock the dragon back causing it loosen its grip, giving vhagar the opportunity to fly away.

"I don't want to fight." Aemond called out in Valerian, the two men circling each other in the air.

"Come fight with the reds and I'll let you live." Even though caraxes wasn't close to vhagars size, there was no underestimating daemon in his determination.

Daenerys caught a glimpse of the dragons fighting upon hearing their roars, caraxes was attacking vhagar and silver wing attempted to pull them apart.

"Go." Brandon called out to her, noticing her focus was elsewhere, putting herself in danger on the battle field. She nodded at him, sprinting through the mass of fighters awaiting for sapphire to get close enough to the ground, grabbing a hold of her reigns to pull herself up on the dragons back.

Sapphire roared, louder than any other dragon, making it known her rider was going into battle with her. The wind blew fiercely under her as she flew past, her roars shaking the ground. The dragon blew out a cloud of green fire, urging caraxes to fly away from vhagar.

"Leave." Daenerys commanded Aemond while Vermithor and silver wing distracted caraxes.

"I'm not leaving without you." Aemond reflected the girls stubbornness, neither of them doing as the other wished.

Daenerys was frustrated and under pressure, unable to think straight how to save them both. But the quickly declining numbers of the greens army made Eagon nervous, forcing him to retreat on his dragon and flee the scenes.

"Eagons escaping." Daenerys whistled to her two other dragons, letting caraxes go and shoot into the clouds.

Once the king has left the battle field, the reds offered the remaining men of the Green Party a cease fire, showing mercy even though they betrayed the true heir to the crown.

Sapphire, vermithor, silver wing and caraxes all flew after Eagon, racing through the skies before he got away. The wind whistled past their wings, the fire filled the sky above the people, a sight that will be passed down in stories for many years to come. The four boxed in Aegon and his dragon, Covering him from all sides preventing his escape. Aegons dragon attempted to push his way out, spewing fire at the dragons before him but it didn't do anything.

Caraxes wrapped his jaws around the dragons neck, a loud roar of pain echoed through kings landing. Caraxes pulled them both to the ground, daemon knowing Eagon was to come out of this alive.

With a rumbling growl, the two dragons fell to the ground. Dust scattered around them, creating a large dent in the earth beneath them. Daemon and caraxes stood up with ease and minor injuries, Aegon however scrambled away from his dragon who bled out, he knew there was no point to run anymore when the Targaryen family stood around him.

Daenerys and Rheanyra landed their dragons before him, sending a fierce roar at the false king. Daemon, Jacerys and Brandon stood on foot, holding Aegon arms behind his back ready to lead him through the streets of kings landing, towards the red keep.

The dragons formed a line, flying over head to show the people a new ruler was to take their place on the iron throne. The great doors into the throne opened, where Alicent and Otto hightower stood awaiting their arrival, knowing their reign was over.