Chapter 19

Daenerys and Aemond agreed to keep the events of the night prior, a secret. Even though as a prince, brother to the king, Aemond was free to do as he wished, Daenerys believed it was best to keep quite until they have figured out who set the orders.

Daenerys stood in front of the iron throne, the same place where many weeks ago she had been introduced to the world. The girl wore a red gown to represent her loyalties, her hair tied back in several braids, her head held high and her back ever so straight.

Eagon sat upon the iron throne, with his mother and the kings hand standing a few steps before him. Aemond too stood in between the two parties, making his neutral position known.

"As promised, I have come upon an offer, Princess daenerys." The kings hand spoke, the three people before her watching carefully how she reacted.

"After careful consideration with the king and lady Alicent, we've decided for you to bring this forward to your mother. Aegon will step down from the iron throne." Though not letting it be shown on the outside, Daenerys felt instant relieve upon hearing those words, not expecting the following terms.

"But, Rheanyra will not be installed as the queen. Instead, we wish to put you and Aemond on the throne, as king and queen, equals to rule over the seven kingdoms." Daenerys furrowed her eyebrows together in confusion, glancing briefly at Aemond who appeared to be feeling the same way at this news.

"What makes you think my mother will ever agree to this ? And if you're willing to let me take my place on the throne, why not her ?" Alicent and Otto hightower exchanged looks, one that Daenerys understood.

The pair refused to let Rheanyra rule not because she was a woman, but because they let their emotions be their judge. Alicent hated Rheanyra for betraying her trust and lying to her, sleeping with the man Alicent felt strongly towards. While Otto hightower got removed as the kings hand because King Viserys trusted his daughter more than him.

"Rheanyra would never agree to rule along side Aegon, but if you two were to rule together, it will unite the realm. Those who pledged allegiance to your mother will follow your lead and join those you swore their loyalties to Eagon." Daenerys hummed in response, slowly nodding her head. Aemond noticed this, a smirk forming on his face realising she's began to copy his mannerisms.

Daenerys excused herself, letting them know she will hope to have an answer for them soon, turning to leave the iron throne hall. The girl walked through the hallways into the court yard, listening to the maids and guards whisper as they lay their eyes upon her.

Daenerys awaited the arrival of her dragon, sapphire, gazing up at the clear skies above her seeing the outline of her dragon approaching in the distance.

Daenerys wondered if she was making the right decisions the last few weeks, even though her marriage with Aemond was arranged, she could of refused it. Though that wasn't her regret, she grew to enjoy his company more than anything.

Her body was in constant distress and worry, unable to predict the events of the future, the constant twists and turns changing the road ahead of them. Sapphire landed before her, bowing her head to nuzzle into her rider for comfort and affection.

"If only you showed this much love to me." Aemond appeared from the gates, watching daenerys interact with the beast.

"Love is given when it's earned, it also works both ways, husband." Daenerys glared at Aemond in a playful manner, trying to figure out what exactly he wanted from her, knowing him well to know he didn't follow her without reason.

"Will you take me to Vhagar, I shall travel with you."

"For what reason might you have ?"

"There was an attempted murder-"