TWO: A Suya and Ice cream Affair.

2 weeks later..

The soft rays of the morning sun crept through my window, gently pulling me awake. I glanced at the wall clock, noting that it was still a bit early: 10:40am. I knew it wouldn't be long before my sisters barged into my room, so I sighed and decided to greet the day.

As I reached for my phone, I couldn't help but smile when I saw a good morning message waiting for me.

"Good morning, beautiful! I want to remind you that you are the most precious thing in my life. I miss you so much and can't wait to see you when I return. Have a wonderful day. You are always in my thoughts.

~ From Prince Charming ❤️"

Fareed had a way of making my mornings brighter with his sweet messages. He truly was the absolute best.

A soft knock on my door interrupted my reverie, and I looked up to see my younger brother, Mubarak, entering with a bouquet of peonies and boxes of chocolates – two of my absolute favorites.

"A delivery man said this is for you," Mubarak explained before placing the gifts on my bed.

I moved closer to the bouquet, smiling as I inhaled the nice scent of the peonies. They were always so fragrant and that's the reason why I love it. I picked up the card attached to the flowers, but I already knew who it was from. He was the only person who knew me so well.

~ The peonies may be beautiful, but you will always be the most beautiful flower in my garden. Don't eat too much chocolate.

"Stop blushing and open up the chocolates. I'm in a hurry here," Mubarak said, bringing me back to the present moment.

I looked up at my brother with an amused expression. When did I ask him to stay please?

"I never asked you to stay, Mubarak. So move away, please" I replied, rolling my eyes.

"Come on, don't be a stingy ass, Meenah. I get it, your baby bought you all these, but don't forget that sharing is caring. Be good to your brother."

I bit my lip to stifle a laugh and shook my head before opening one of the chocolate bars and taking a bite.

Hours later....

After dinner around 9:30pm, I retreated to my room catching up with my best friend, Billy, over a phone call. I found my sister Zainab, or as we call her, Zeemar, practicing a TikTok dance in my room. Eventually, we ended the call with Billy, and I hang up with a contented sigh, ready to get some much-needed rest.

However, my pending sleep was abruptly interrupted by the sound of my phone ringing. Not someone's lucky day. Squinting at the screen, I frowned at the unknown number. Hesitantly, I answered.

"Hello, who is this?"

"Come out, I'm outside," came the muffled reply, instantly recognizable despite the sleepy fuzz in my head. Fareed.

"Fareed?" I croaked, surprised. "You changed your number?"

"Yeah, and I'm outside your house," he confirmed.

I inwardly groaned. I love Fareed, but I love my sleep more.

"But you didn't tell me you were coming," I whined, drawing out the vowels in a sleepy protest. "I'm not even ready."

"Just put on a hijab and meet me, Wifey, please," he sighed.

With a reluctant sigh, I ended the call and stumbled out of bed. "Ihsan, where did you put the hijab you took from my wardrobe earlier?" I asked my younger sister, feeling slightly irritated.