TWELVE: RECONCILIATION.

"Meeenahhhh!!" I heard my siblings yelling my name from outside the room. They better stop acting like they're not aware that I'm in here. "Meenah Turaki!!" Persistent enough, they didn't stop till they arrived inside the room.

I groaned loudly, pausing the Turkish movie playing on my laptop, which was positioned in front of me on the bed "What do both of you want now?" I frowned at them.

"Get up from the bed and let's go. You got visitors who wanna see you," Aysa announced, urgency in her tone.

"Is that why the two of you were shouting my name like I stole something of yours? Besides, I clearly stated that I didn't want to receive any visitors, so please tell them to go away, or I'm sleeping or something," I complained, attempting to resume my movie.

"Trust me, sis! You should really go out and see them. It's for your own good," Aysa said, abruptly closing the laptop and snatching it away.

"Besides, Mama is back from her trip," Ihsan added.

"Alright then," I sighed, reluctantly withdrawing from the bed. I grabbed my ash Jilbab, wearing it over my simple white T-shirt and jeans before making my way out.

****

Dragging myself to the living room, I dread meeting visitors who offer empty consolation, give pitiful stares, and sometimes even laugh behind my back due to my misery.

Despite all my efforts to move on from Him, which we all know is an impossible task, of course, I indulge myself in baking and pastry making to keep my mind off things.

As I entered the living room with my head down after offering my salam, I froze upon lifting my gaze, contemplating whether this was real or just a dream.

Amidst everyone present, my eyes found the only pair that has a way of making me feel like the most special person on earth – his dark orbs. I quickly averted my gaze before I began to break apart again. All eyes were on me, and that's when I noticed his Dad and Mum were in the living room.

"My dear, come over here," Maama called, and I nodded, making my way to them. I sat down on the carpet beside her, as she occupied the sofa.

"Ina Wuni," I greeted his parents respectfully, bowing my head to the ground.

"How are you, my dear, and how are you feeling now?" Ammi asked.

"Alhamdulillah, Ammi. Thanks for asking," I replied silently. Nervousness enveloped me, and feeling his intense gaze only added to my unease.

"Ameena, you made us all so worried when we heard that you were admitted to a hospital, and we just had to fly here to check up on you. So, we hope you are better now?" His Excellency Shariff Jarma inquired with concern laced in his voice.

"Yes, Daddy," I responded, a small smile playing on my lips. "You didn't have to stress, but I'm much better now, Alhamdulillah." Aunty Fati caught me off guard, adding, "Meenah, go check whether lunch is done while we finish discussing your wedding."

Wedding? Does this mean..

I looked up at her, a hint of disbelief in my eyes. She smiled and gave me a slight wink, not escaping my notice, causing a blush to color my cheeks as I looked down again.

"Excuse me," I whispered, rising and making my way into the kitchen. The moment I stepped in, adrenaline surged through me and I couldn't help but let out a silent squeal. I quickly unlocked my phone and dialed my most recent contact.

"Billy!" I exclaimed, unable to contain my excitement.

"I will kill you, Meenah Turaki!!! You tryna burst my eardrums?!" Her voice crackled through the phone.