SIX: Pre wedding shoots.

Two months later..

"Fisabilillah, aren't you guys done yet? We need to get going. I have places to go," I complained to my sisters, who were engrossed in browsing through clothes at the clothing store.

"Come on, Ya Meenah. We literally just arrived." Zeemar said.

I rolled my eyes. "We arrived an hour ago, and where in the world is Mubarak?"

"He's at the accessory store. He said he wants to buy a new watch and other things."

"With whose money?" I asked, retrieving my phone, which was ringing inside my handbag. I swiped and answered the call from Fareed.

"Hello, I'm on my way," he announced over the phone.

"Okay, then. Are you arriving soon?" I asked.

"Nah, I just got out of the house."

I heaved a soft sigh. "Toh, Alhamdulillah."

"Well, I'll call you when I arrive," he said and l hang up.

Today, as Fareed and I prepare for our pre-wedding shoot, my siblings have been persistent about going shopping since last week. Despite my promise to take them today, our plans collided with our pre-wedding shoot date. Now, I'm racing against time to finish shopping before Fareed arrives to pick me up at the mall, while my siblings plan to head back home with our car. After our shoot, Fareed is heading back to Abuja.

"Meenah, Khalifa is going to pick me up here too, so it looks like I'm not going back home with our siblings," Ya Aysa announced, referring to her boyfriend, Khalifah Ishaq.

"Who will drive them home, then?" I asked.

"Mubarak, of course."

"How sure are you he won't crash the car?"

"Trust the kid; he knows how to drive. When is Fareed coming to pick you up?" She inquired.

"About 10 minutes from now, In shaa Allah," I estimated.

"Alright, then. Khalifa is just around the area, so he will arrive soon."

"Ya Meenah, are these dresses fine?" Zeemar and Ihsan asked, holding up a blue and purple style matching gown for my approval.

"Yes, they are. And so?" I questioned, eyeing them. Do they think I'm made of money? Each of those gowns costs 15k.

"We want them," they grinned.

"Have you seen the price?" I asked, showing them the price tag just in case they had gone blind.

"Come on, Ya Meenah, you're rich. You can't tell us that. You are our rich sister. I'm sure there's nothing in buying a 15k gown. It's not even expensive," Ihsan said, rolling her eyes, while Ya Aysa laughed.

"If the dress is not even expensive, then use your own money to buy it. Don't disturb my life," I retorted, rolling my eyes.

"Come on, Meenah, buy it for them," Ya Aysa joined.

"Ku kyaleni," I said, glaring at my sister for supporting them.

"Haba, Meenah, Matar R.Jay. His one and only queen. The only sugar in his tea. The only flower in his garden.."

"Okay, that's enough!" I snapped, flashing my palm at them. "Take the dresses to the cashier and pay for the other things you bought so we can hurry and leave this place." I can't believe I succumb to their pleading.

"Yesssss!" They exclaimed excitedly before heading to the cashier.

****

Fareed called to notify me of his arrival, waiting at the parking lot. In a rush, I headed out with my sisters, encountering an unexpected reunion with Samantha, an old friend from university. We exchanged pleasantries with her.