SEVENTEEN: Forever Begins Today.

Aure yana da dadi
Ba dan mahassada ba
Nima ina da mata
Ba zaku karyata ba
Bana kidan tazuru
Bana kiran tazuru
Lahaula tafi guru
Kukan bakin mazuru
Ango mijin amarya bikin ku babu karya
Ango mijin amarya kwarya da tabi kwarya
Amarso nata shayqi
Wanka jinin maraya
Masoya sunyi aure
Makiya kuja da baya
Kafin yadau amarya
Mijin ki yayi zarya
Waya yake
Amarya
Kira yake
Amarya
Bacci yake
Amarya
Tafiya yake
Amarya
Aiki yake
Amarya
A gida yake
Amarya
Ah ina kake
Amarya
Zaku ba wa makiyya kunya
Ango da amarya

~Ali Jita Aure Yana da dadi<

WEDDING FATIHA/NIKAH

I can wholeheartedly testify to the saying, "two souls, one heart," because the bond between Fareed and me has proven it to be true. My love for Fareed has shown me that you can get through it all if you stand strong for you love. Despite the challenges our relationship has faced, including moments we were on the brink of breakup, we fought through it all. Because destiny has already ordained that we will end up together and grow old together, In shaa Allah.

One wish I've always held close to my heart is to witness the day when I would finally be called Mrs. Fareed Jarma, and now, that day is here. I have never once regretted loving Fareed, and I know I never will. Together, we will weather life's storms, build a family, shower our children with love, and grow old together.

One thing I am certain of is that my happiness is intertwined with having Fareed Jarma by my side.

Suddenly, I was jolted back to reality by the sound of my phone ringing. Glancing at my phone, I saw Fareed's name flash on the screen – a FaceTime call. Confusion masked my face. Weren't they already at the mosque for the Nikah ceremony?

With trembling fingers, I answered the call. The screen filled with a blurry image of a white pillar, and indistinct noises in the background. Then it hit me—Fareed had called me on FaceTime so that I could witness the tying of the knot even though I was not physically present there. My hands began to sweat as my nerves kicked in

Everyone in the room because silent the moment the Waliyy began to speak, his voice filling the room with weight and importance. I listened intensely as he uttered the words that would ultimately finalize our wedding.

"An daura auren Fareed Sharrif Jarma da Ameena Abdullahi Turaki, a bisa sadaki dubu dari biyar, lakadan ba ajalan bah!"

The call ended and that moment and I didn't realize when I let out a sigh, feeling a weight was lifted off me. Finally!

A loud scream of excitement and yodeling erupted from the room and echoed throughout the house, marking the celebration of the Daurin aure.

My friends wasted no time in teasing me but they were quickly joined by family, friends, and well wishers, who all came in to offer their blessings, prayers, and best wishes.

"Congratulations, baby girl! Kinzama Matar Rjay," Billy exclaimed, pulling me in for a light hug. "Allah ya Baku zaman Lafia," she added, her eyes welling up with tears of joy.

"It feels so unreal!" I replied, chuckling nervously and fanning my eyes to avoid ruining my makeup since I was getting emotional . "Ameen, Ameen," I added, joining her in her prayers.

Maimoon and Azrah came over to congratulate me as well. "Our Meenah is a wifey now! Congratulations, darling. May Allah bless your home," they said, hugging me warmly.