TWENTY: Intertwined Hearts.

After forty agonizing minutes of travel, we finally arrived at the renowned Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport in Abuja. As I emerged  from the private jet accompanied by my dear Aunties, Uncle, few cousins, Aysa, Ya Sadiq, and Billy, my anticipation heightened.

At the exit, we were immediately greeted by group of impeccably dressed security personnel, adorning black suits and dark shades.

They led the way, ensuring our safety, and sleek black cars with tinted windows awaited us outside the airport. My sister, Billy and I made our self comfortable on the back seat of the plush SUV. Driving through the bustling streets of Abuja, in less than 40 minutes we arrived at Asokoro district, where Sharrif Jarma's mansion was situated. The sight of the towering gates leading to the property made my heart skip a beat.

I could see the affluence of the mansion through the windows of the car. It was no surprise to me that Fareed's family was exceptionally wealthy, seeing the grandeur and extravagance that exuded from the entire estate. Every detail screamed of immense wealth and privilege.

As the car drove into the spacious building, I noticed a large group of people eagerly waiting for the bride's arrival. Aysa swiftly covered my face with my laffaya, as my aunties and cousins eagerly rushed over to take me out of the car.

The sound of high-pitched yodeling and rhythmic drumming filled the air as the Algeta drummers began to play a traditional song. I couldn't help but feel the energy and excitement of the crowd around me. With my aunties by my side, we made our way into the main entrance of the mansion—because undoubtedly, it is a mansion.

As we walked into the living room, my head was lowered, and I could only see the sparkling tiles beneath my feet.

I sensed the presence of countless people and I could feel the room buzzing with excitement.

Suddenly, a voice rang out, "Ma shaa Allah, my daughter-inlaw is here!" I recognized the voice immediately - it was Ammi, my mother-in-law. As she lifted my veil while my eyes were casted down shyly, I was greeted with the sweet and welcoming fragrance of her amazing turaren wuta. I felt a rush of comfort as she enveloped me in a warm and loving motherly embrace. "Welcome to the family, my darling."

I felt my heart brimming with joy knowing that I was indeed loved by my mother in law. The nervousness I felt a while ago suddenly disappeared. It's the best thing ever having a husband that loves you and In-laws that feel the same.

After the hug, I was escorted to a different living room, a space that exuded an air of excitement too. I was guided to take a seat on the plush carpet placed before an elderly woman, whom I assumed to be Fareed's paternal grandmother due to her age and dignified demeanor.

Just as I lowered in respect, a woman I didn't recognize, presumably a close family member, spoke up addressing the elderly woman in front of me. "Dada, our daughter is here," she announced.

A hushed silence settled in the room, as she began.  "Ah ah Ma shaa Allah. Sannu Ameenatuwa," she exclaimed, her voice filled with joy. "Well, my dear, we are overjoyed to welcome you into our family. Rayhan yayi sa'an samun mata kyakywa kuma mai tarbiya. My dear, please hold onto our son tightly. Take care of each other and make each other happy because you both deserve it."

"If you have any problems, don't hesitate to inform us. Now that you are part of this family, your problems are our problems. We are here to support you, so never feel shy or hesitant to approach us."

I nodded, acknowledging her words and the responsibility that came with being an addition to their family.

As she glanced towards my family members, she assured, "You've entrusted your daughter to us, and I assure you, we will take care of her to the best of our abilities. Neither she nor any of you will ever have a reason to complain. We won't let you down, In shaa Allah," she affirmed.