2 | To Protect The Child You Love

PROTECT HER

Björn's POV

"Björn, you are invited to the conference hall for an emergency meeting. It will start in five minutes. Your presence is deeply appreciated." Stefan, the Beta of the pack, addressed me and he had a hard expression on his face. I had a feeling this meeting was because of what Sherrie had seen last night.

"Why is my wife not invited?"

"Her judgment will be biased." He coldly replied without a bit of sympathy for my family.

"And do you think I will not be?" I wanted to laugh at their reason. It was nonsense. Anyone would want to protect their child and I will do anything to make my daughter safe.

"Just come to the meeting. Everything will be discussed there." He used his voice as Beta and I complied.

"I will be there."

"Good. Have a nice day." He said before he left. Nice? I think that's very ironic. My wife's friend saw my daughter start a war. Is there something nice that's going to happen today?

"They didn't invite me because I will do anything to have our baby." My mate's voice broke and I walked to the corner where the living room was located. She was sitting on her favorite chair with her arms around her big belly. I knelt in front of her as a tear fell on her plumpy cheek. I wiped the tear off her face and I comforted her.

"I will do everything to save her. She is not a curse to this world. I will not let anyone come near our daughter. I promise you that, Lil." I promised and she nodded.

"Go now. I will be waiting here." She said caressing my face. I let out a huge breath as her touch made me calm.

"Okay. I love you." Her mouth curved into a sweet smile I always loved for her to have.

"I love you too." She said, kissing my forehead. I left the house and as I got near the pack house, I began to get nervous. I shouldn't. I will be tough for my family. I will not break. Looking around, I saw kids playing, warriors training and some teenagers sitting on the ground telling stories and sharing memories. They're not aware of what's happening. The alpha never told them and I was concerned with that.

How confidential was this issue regarding my daughter? Will they keep this a secret?

I walked inside the pack house and saw so many guards patrolling the building. That intrigued me but what got my interest were the royal warriors standing like statues in the hallway going to the conference hall. I reached the hall and opened the window. The chatter stopped the moment they saw me and I froze in my spot with my hand gripping the doorknob tightly. The Alpha King is here! He's standing before me and I saw the Alpha at the other side of the room. I never saw the king before and I was surprised that he looked like he's about my age. I am 30 years old and he might just be my age or older. He wore a golden crown upon his head and was dressed in a black suit. He sported a stubble and he had a serious look on his face. His aura oozed with authority and his shadow felt like it reached the whole room with his dominant figure. This was a serious matter for Alpha Armann had called the Alpha King.