12 | Vampir Ultimatum

PROFOUND

Krian's POV

The doctor didn't wait for me to reply. Instead, he quickly carried me and took me to a hospital room and considering how luxurious it was, I assumed this was their hospital suite. Blood stained his white coat and he kept telling me to keep pressing on my wound even though it was giving me nauseating pain. I looked up to him, his luscious jet black hair in a middle part with an undercut was being messed up by the way he was running his fingers through. He called for someone before people busted inside the room making me jump from the bed he had laid me on.

"Calm down. I'm going to treat you, okay?" He pushed me down again and held a hand for me trying to say I should stay lying on the bed.

"Gunshot wound on the thigh." He began to order people around me but my breathing began to get ragged; my vision getting darker and darker.

"We're losing her, Doctor!" I heard someone say and I tried to hold my hand up, wanting human contact while I struggled to breathe.

"Stay with us." I felt a pinch in my arm before someone began to tear my pants apart. I wanted to cover myself up feeling vulnerable but helpless at the same time. I struggled to form a single thought, the piercing pain in my thigh clouding everything else that was happening around me. Before I could raise my hand to try and communicate, I lost my energy and fell into the abyss of darkness.

***

Beeping sounds made me alert and the smell of antiseptic was strong in my nose with a little bit of fragrance from soaps and probably cleaners. I gasped out, eyes snapping wide and hands flailing wanting to take a grip of whatever was happening to me. I groaned in pain again; throbbing pain shot through me. The beeping sounds went crazy beside me and I realized it was my heart being monitored that made the annoying sounds ring out of the room.

"Hey miss. Please lie down." A nurse came rushing to my room, her small petite figure made her look so small in the large suite. She looked like a Filipina with her naturally tanned skin tone and her cute small button nose that seemed to flare up as she reached the machine on my right. I looked at my left hand that had an IV connected to it and it felt weird having one considering I haven't been in a hospital for something so serious that would require me to stay in a room. She helped me lie down, telling me to be careful of my movements.

"My name is Maria and I will be your nurse for today. Oh! You should not be moving so much right now. Your wound will not heal nicely if you do." She advised, pointing at my patched up bullet wound.

"You have been out of the operating room for two hours now. The bullet has been removed and nothing major has been damaged which is a miracle but the doctor is advising you to not move for a while so you won't get your stitches open your wound up. Okay?" I could only nod.