9 | House of Knowledge

LEAVE

Sveinn's POV

Felicia grabbed my arm tight, her nails digging against the sleeves of my shirt. Her cerulean blue eyes bore with intense worry. Her death grip wasn't helping the anxiety building up inside me, thinking about Krian and I's safety.

"You have to listen to me. You have to leave this place right now. Bella is a harmless witch, known for her protection spells on kids. If they are looking for you, this is not good." Her voice shook, her tears continuing to stream down her cheeks that had splatters of blood on it.

"I will. I promise... Where are you going after this?" I asked and the terror in her eyes was replaced with confusion then grief. She released her hold on me, her fingers fidgeting while trying to think of a way out of this problem.

"I... I don't know. I will have to check which property we have that can house these children. We have other branches but I don't think they can handle them." She looked at the confused and terrified kids on the sidewalk. Then, she snapped her attention back to me, eyes wide.

"Wait... What are you even doing here?!"

"I came to visit Bella. Things started to happen and I don't know where to go except here." She pushed the paramedic away, telling her to give us some privacy to which the aid respected. Once she was out of our sight, she pulled me away from the ambulance and to a more less-crowded area.

"What is it?"

"My wolf... it's back, ma'am." I told her and her eyes widened.

"Oh no... The spell. It must have worn off." She trailed off, her thoughts making her look distant with me.

"You think so? How is that even possible? I thought Bella sealed it with magic so I can't put Krian in trouble."

"Yes yes. I know but Bella told me a few years ago that the spell might wear off if Krian's powers are inevitably shown. Has she been showing signs? Is she trying to talk?"

"No. Not that I have noticed." She breathed out a sigh of relief and she began pacing in front of me.

"Bella mentioned that the only one that can repel her spell is the Moon Goddess herself...." She stopped pacing and looked at me, her face paling. "Do you think she needs her that's why she's removing the spells Bella has given to the two of you?"

"I don't know, Felicia... She's not showing signs and I'm the only one who almost shifted in the middle of the fucking road."

"Okay okay. Let me think." She began to pace again, muttering to herself.

"What if she has removed it because she has sensed that you two are in danger and the only one who can protect her is you?"

"That seems like a logical reason..." I thought about it. It would make sense but why now? Do they know about the saros cycle? The past 18 years we lived with peace and now they have killed Bella and I have started to shift again.