3 | Life With Predators

RUN

Björn's POV

 "The Moon Goddess has spoken! The child will protect us!"

"But that is just the opposite of what the prophecy she has told us, isn't it?!" Alpha Armann growled.

"What's happening?! I don't understand!" Another man spoke completely confused about the situation. His eyes were filled with horror and confusion as his gaze went from me and then to Alpha Armann.

"Hey. Silence! Don't you have respect?! The Alpha King is here, for goodness' sake!" A royal guard barked but no one listened to him. Then, I heard the Alpha King growl making me freeze on my seat. His growl went louder and before I knew it, he stood up on his seat, slammed both of his fists on the table making it break in half and growl so loud the room rumbled. Everyone stopped immediately and bowed at the king.

"I'm so sorry, my king." Stefan apologized first, bowing repeatedly. Alpha Armann apologized next but there was defiance in his eyes. It was conflicting to see him respect the Alpha King but at the same time, he wanted to defy him.

"All of you! Sit down!" He growled once again and everyone sat down with their heads bent down in submission. I watched the man in authority in awe. He looked at me and I immediately bowed, forgetting for a second he was the Alpha King as I was amazed at how he could command the room with his words.

"We will have an agreement that no harm will come to the child. We have to wait. This is not an easy decision to make. We are talking about a baby here! A child not even born in the pack. No one will act until I say a word. Understood?" He ordered.

"Yes, your highness." We all spoke in unison and my alpha sighed in defeat.

"Do not fear the child. She won't speak. She's still a baby. That will give us time to decide what's best for her. I don't want to harm an innocent human being. She will be under my protection!" He spoke rationally. There was an understanding that swept the room. They knew. He was right.

"Thank you. Thank you so much for letting my child live, Alpha King Zander." My knees weakened at the relief I had knowing my child will not get harmed and will be under the King's protection. He nodded at me before addressing the Alpha.

"I understand how you want to protect the pack against danger but you have to realize that the one we're talking about is a child. An unborn child in fact. You don't want to have an innocent young girl's blood in your hands. That's unacceptable. We have to trust the Moon Goddess on this."

"Yes, Alpha King Zander. I am sorry for the disrespect I showed earlier." The alpha apologized and bowed to him.

"Forgiven. I will send a troop here and they will be here tomorrow morning. The Royal Oracle, Misa, will arrive later to talk to Miss Sherrie."