7 | The Manifestation of Curses

IT IS TIME

Sveinn's POV

For the next two days, I have spent my time with the three men, Bella and Felicia adjusting to human life and practices. I had to control my urges especially when I felt like I would smell an overpowering odor that could make me get attention from unwanted gazes.

"Well, this is it, kid. You're gonna get adopted today." Fred patted my back heavily while Marcus ruffled my hair.

"Do you think we will make it out there?" I wiped the sweat from my forehead. I was nervous for the next step of our lives. Having Bella arrange everything; from our identities to other paperworks I couldn't understand, made everything easier for us. It really seemed like they knew how to operate even without speaking to each other. They knew all too well what to do...

"You will be fine. You're a smart and strong boy. Just act younger than you should be, okay? Be glad you have werewolf genes to make you look younger than you should be." Harold remarked before bringing our luggage up to the front porch.

"They will be here in a minute." Bella chimed in, walking towards us with Krian in her arms. She was awake and getting her needed nutrition from donated breast milk. Her cheeks hollowed and puffed while sucking on the nipple of the baby bottle.

"You will be safe out there with the O'Connell's, Taylor," He addressed me with my new human name. "They have the means to sustain you. You have heard their profile. They are blessed with gold but not with a child. Having you two with them will be the best option. You will never get seen by creatures as potential threats." He finished and I let out a sigh of relief, reassured that everything will go well.

"So we will still live here in... what is this place called again? New York?" I asked and Bella chuckled behind me.

"You're such an adorable kid! Yes, this is New York City, my child."

"Okay... Just making sure." I replied before staring out into the road with some people walking by and some cars passing by.

"I was meaning to give you this, by the way." Fred gave me a black box with a red ribbon wrapped around it clumsily.

"What is it?" I asked while taking his gift. I looked at it and there was no indication of what was inside the medium-sized box..

"You told us you never got your own personal scent. So we asked someone to create the scent of snow that has freshly fallen on rowan trees. That is your scent. But..." He held my hand that was holding the box and looked at me.

"Only use it when you decide to come back to us, okay. We will recognize you for this." He tapped the box with his index finger before letting me go. My heart dropped, overwhelmed by their gifts. They looked cold on the outside and yet they were very warm and thoughtful on the inside.