13 | Royal Curse

13 | Royal Curse

SENTIMENTS

Krian's POV

Leaving the country was one thing I usually enjoyed. But leaving the country with a fake passport and a doctor that was highly allergic to the sun was on another level of absurdity I could take. Lucas brought Solstice to the airport and there, we bade goodbye to the werewolf who has helped us along the way. The doctor invited him and his friends to come with us but he declined saying his home was in New York. Solstice sat next to me in the private plane. Tall, slender and like the doctor, as pale as fresh snow, served us drinks. I was amazed at how he could hide us in his plane and he didn't have any problems dealing with the authorities.

"Relax, Solstice. I will not drink from you. Oh! By the way, you can all call me Andros. I am not using my title as a doctor when I am outside the hospital premises." The vampire tried to give the girl beside me comfort. She just stared at him with a guarded look.

"I may be a vampire but I really don't like drinking without anyone's consent." Solstice gave me a glance. With a smile, I held her hand and nodded. She visibly relaxed in my hand.

"Nice to meet you, Andros. Taylor has given me a rundown of what happened and who you are. How is your mark?" She shifted from her seat.

"Unlike you, girl on fire, I rather had a less painful experience. It only bled a bit but that's it. How's yours? I can check if you like." He offered his professional help.

"Alright. That would be great, to be honest. Thank you." She unbuckled her seatbelt making everyone on high alert, flight attendants preparing a fire extinguisher and water bottles as if she's going to burst into flames again. She winced as she got up from her seat.

"Will you be okay without Krian?" My brother asked, reaching to help her.

"Yes, I will. Thank you. Thank you." She repeatedly spoke her thanks to the two gentlemen, reassuring she can take the pain a bit now that I was near her. It was strange when we discovered that her pain would lessen when I was near her. I cannot imagine how she felt when I wasn't beside her since I was shot and was in the hospital for a few hours. Both men took her to the plane's bedroom at the rear of the cabin. A stewardess followed them, her words quiet with Andros who seemed to understand whatever she was saying. I didn't mean to eavesdrop but at this point where my paranoia has begun to grow, I wanted to know everything.

Thirty minutes had passed and I was beginning to contemplate on joining their party at the back. Whatever they were doing, I wanted to be present too. Unbuckling my seatbelt, I left my comfortable black seat. Just as I was about to enter the passage, I saw my brother coming.

"Hey. You okay?" He asked. His large body cramped the passageway as he approached me.

"Is she okay?" I ignored his question about me. I tried to take a peek in the room but all I could see was the blonde flight attendant who held a tray, her eyes focused on whatever was in front of her.