Picking up a Shift in Salmon Run!

Later that same day....
Your POV
Leaving the Deca Tower...

As I walk out the Tower I head towards Grizz Co. Gates to do some Salmon Run. "Whats the weapons for this Shift" I say as myself, Rider and Emperor look at my squidphone to see the rotation. "It says we got a L-3 Nozzlenose, .96 Gal, Tenta Umbrella, and Splat Charger..." Rider says looking at the weapons. "Ew...and it's at Ruins of Polaris" I say groaning. "Gloves you sure you want to do this with us?" I ask him, he smiles and nods. "Yeah! Nothing wrong with earning some extra cash" he says. "If you say so, I pray to not get demoted today....." I say doing the praying motion. "You sure like your rank" Emperor says looking smug. "I worked through blood, sweat and tears to get there! I'm not about to lose it!" I say.

"How bad can it be?" Rider says I look at him. "I'll ask you that after the shift" I deadpanned. As we walk in I see the bear statue. I squint at it knowing what Grizz's plan to do with the eggs in the future. Seeing us, Grizz starts to talk. "Right on time kid, I've got work for ya" the statue says. "Cool, we have a full team" I say. "Good, now suit up, I'll get you there by boat" Grizz says. We went to put on the suits. I stare at mine, I keep forgetting that in Splatsville it's different. "Okay is everyone ready for hell?" I say. "We're going to be fine" Rider says.

"I hope you know, I learned how to use the other weapons well is because of Salmon Run" I say as we soon get on the boat. "This is perfect for training" Emperor says while sitting on some boxes like a throne. "You really have a throne everywhere...." I say unsure. "I am a king" Emperor says with a smirk. "Heh, I'm glad Squids became quirky" I say with a sincere smile.

"Why you say that?" Gloves say standing next to me. Rider was leaning against the wall. "Well back then Squids were very small sea animals, y'all swam in these waters millions and apon millions of years ago, say since you guys did come to surface, you think the poisonous types of your kind....didn't come up did they? No wait if theirs the blue ringed octos running round....lord those things are deadly!?" I say panicking. "Whoa whoa, relax! Your still trying to get used to this" Rider says as he puts his hands on my shoulders. "You don't get it, all sea life came to the surface cuz of evolution jump, probably the cause was human science, but still you guys have different variants, breeds and shit" I say now noticing how bad it can effect anything. "But wait....do they spit it at people...." I say deep thinking, muttering. "And there goes the deep muttering, do humans all think like her?" Rider sighs.

"Who knows but she asks of different breeds of our kind? Honestly I never even thought there was such a thing" Emperor shrugs. "What kinds of breeds are there?" Gloves says confused. "I know you guys have a deep sea cousin, we called it the Vampire Squid, and for the scientific name it was Vampyroteuthis infernalis!" I say proudly. "Vampyr-what?" Rider looked confused. "What kind of name is that? Now what is Squid in scientific terms" Gloves says bring smart with the air quotes hand motion. "I think I see what breed you guys mainly are...." I say as I stop muttering. "Oh? Then what?" Emperor says in interest. "Humboldt squid...they're predators in the squid breeds, they uh...you know, I think I shouldn't explain that, but to understand what kind of octopus I am, would be nice....I need to do some research....that means another trip of adventure!" I say excited. "A trip?" All three boys say confused. "Oh I explore out of the Square, I've been in Inkopolis Plaza, it looks kind of dead....I can see why, the main hype is Inkopolis Square now, I've ventured to the Splatlands, Gloves knows" I say. "Yeah! I can't believe you go there alot" Gloves says excited.

"I hear that place has different stuff compared to the Square" Rider says. "They do, turf wars are different there, even ranked and Salmon Run-" I soon covered my mouth. "Why did you cover your mouth?" Emperor looked confused. "Um I really have a habit of saying things I shouldn't, so I'm just gonna tell you the scientific name for Humboldt squid, it's Dosidicus gigas" I say as I look out the boat window.