001. The Vanishing of Will Byers

"Yeah, he's cute." Nancy sat on her bed next to me, twirling the cord to her baby blue phone around her speaker as we talked to our best friend Barb. Ever since Nancy caught the eye of Steve Harrington, Barb and I have been questioning her non-stop.

"Are you guys dating now?" I asked her.

"(Y/N), no, it's not like that," Nancy turned to look at me while a warm blush spread across her cheeks.

"Oh, come on, Nance. Stop denying everything," Barb teased.

"Barb, you're not-" Nancy started to say, but she was cut off.

"Hey, Nancy, (Y/N)."

I turned my head away from the phone to see my brother's friend, Dustin, standing in the doorway. He had one of his adorable smiles on his face, and he was holding up a box of pizza. Nancy scoffed, and I turned to glare at her.

"There's a slice left if you guys want it. Sausage and pepperoni," he said sweetly. I smiled at his cuteness before looking back at Nance, who rolled her eyes before lifting the phone back to her ear.

"Hold on," she said to Barb. I watched as she got up and walked over to her bedroom door. I thought she was going to take a slice from Dustin, but instead, she gave him a sarcastic smile before slamming the door in his face.

"Nance!" I scolded her. "What was that for?"

"He interrupted our conversation to ask us if we wanted pizza," Nancy explained. I just rolled my eyes with a smile before I slid off her bed.

"Well, for the record, I wanted that pizza."

I opened the door to the Wheeler's garage and spotted all four boys climbing onto their bikes.

"There's something wrong with your sister," Dustin called out to Mike.

"What are you talking about?" Mike asked, in a slightly offended tone.

"She's got a stick up her butt," Dustin replied. I shot him a glare.

"Dustin. Nancy isn't that bad," I defended my best friend. Sure, she has gotten snarkier over the past couple of days, but it's not her fault. It's that stupid junior named Steve Harrington.

"Yeah." I whipped my head around to glance at Lucas, one of my brother's friends. He also happens to be one of my favorites. But right now, I was a little annoyed at him for agreeing. "It's because she's been dating that douchebag, Steve Harrington," He continued.

"Yeah, she's turning into a real jerk," Dustin remarked. I looked back at him.

"She's always been a real jerk," Mike said with an annoyed tone.

"Michael, don't talk about your sister like that," I reprimanded him. He looked at me and stuck his tongue out. I rolled my eyes.

"Nuh-uh, she used to be cool." I turned my head in Dustin's direction again while I walked over to Will.

"Like that time she dressed up as an elf for your Elder Tree campaign," I commented as I slung my arm over my brother's shoulders.

"Four years ago!" Mike yelled at me,

"Watch your voice, Michael," I said coldly.

"Just saying," Dustin defended.

"Later," Lucas called back to the group as he pedaled off, and Dustin followed close behind him. The only people left standing in the garage were me, Michael, and Will.

"It was a seven," Will suddenly spoke up.

"Huh?" I asked.

"The roll, it was a seven," Will explained further. "The Demogorgon, it got me."