Rescue

I groaned, slowly opening my eyes. I frowned, thinking I was imagining things...

"Reed!" I jumped up and pressed against my containment tube. Reed didn't acknowledge me; it looked like he was unconscious.

"Reed?" I scowled when he didn't wake up. A laugh sounded from behind me and I turned around to glare. His mask didn't faze me. He'd been wearing it around the last time I woke up.

"What did you do to him, Victor?" I asked, crossing my arms.

"Simply put: torture." My blood ran cold.

"What do you- hey!" I stumbled as my tube started to move, until it was right next to Reed.

"What the hell are you doing?" I asked. He proceeded to hook up wires and such to my new 'home', and I watched warily.

"You'll see." Was all he said as he flipped a small switch. I gasped as what seemed to be multiple little shots of ice cold electricity shot through my skin and against the glass.

"That is what. I can freeze rubber Reed over here, while using your powers. It's genius really."

"W....wha...what..." I was frozen, completely unable to move. I felt like I was freezing and burning as more of my energy poured out of me.

"I'm sure you want an explanation. Here it is; when you were unconscious I did a few scans, which revealed you have a gold mine of electric frozen energy in your blood. I took the liberty of injecting a liquid conductor into your blood shortly after, which acts to get the electricity out, and I am currently transferring it into Reed, which freezes his rubber like body, making it impossible for him to stretch like he would normally. Got all that?" I glared at him, wishing to be able to wrap my hands around his throat and freeze his lungs.

"Speechless?" He laughed, then turned to Reed, who seemed to be awake now, with a light sheen of ice over him. I couldn't bother to listen to their conversation- I was a bit busy dying.

They seemed to talk for a few minutes, when suddenly Victor moved away and out of my field of vision.

Fight it, fight it like the plague! I yelled at myself. Closing my eyes, I concentrated. I felt for that switch, in the back of my head. When Victor had forced my powers, I hadn't felt the click, which must mean I wasn't actually using them. So I felt for that switch; if I could turn it on, then maybe it would overload the sensors using my powers, and I could figure out a way to escape and help Reed.

Where are you... there! I felt the click echo in my head as a surge of energy flowed through me. I felt everything stop, then speed up as large crack's appeared in the glass containment.

I felt my energy pulse once.... twice... white light emanated from me, and I was momentarily blinded by the sound of an explosion. My suit formed around me, and I smirked as white fog cleared around me.

I stood, when a sudden wave of electricity smacked into me and knocked me over. I rose onto my knees to glare at Victor.

"How. RUDE!" To say I was angry was an understatement. I was in rage. I felt the cold around me and I sent a strong wave of white ice at him. Unfortunately he dodged it and rolled to the side.

"We don't have to fight, Ella. There's really no need." I opened my mouth to retort when he shot me, right in the chest. I crashed into a wall and it gave away behind me. I yelped and closed my eyes as I was falling.... but the air suddenly stopped. I opened one eye, then looked down.

"Holy shit!" What seemed to be a white cloud hid my legs, and I experimently moved left; it followed, almost as if I was walking myself. I smirked and glided back up to the spot where I had crashed through the wall.... just as a large orange mass and green cape barreled out and nearly knocked me flat.

"Ben?"

"Ella?!" I looked up at Sue, who was helping Reed stand. I landed, raising an eyebrow when the white mist dissipated.

"How did you do that?" Sue asked.

"No clue! Now, we have to go help Ben." Instead of going to the door, I led them to the smashed wall.

"Wait what are you-"

"What-" In the span of a few seconds an ice slide... thing flowed down to the street below.

"One two three JUMP!" I shoved the two unceremoniously down the slide before following, laughing the whole way down. A pulse in the air rushed past me before I was being buried in a pile of snow.

"Lets do it again!" I said. The death glares sent from Sue and Reed made me giggle again.

"It wasn't that-" I froze. A sharp heat radiated from my spine and out as I held my breath. My fists clenched and I felt the air around me drop a few degrees.

"Ella?" I sucked in a breath, the pain slowly leaving.

"Fine." I called out. At least I think so.

"Where's Victor?" I asked, looking around for Ben and Victor. I didn't need to look far- a black car flew over out heads, then exploded.

I ducked, but was surprised to see that I wasn't crushed by car bits. Looking up I saw a shimmering wall above our heads, and I smiled at Sue, giving her a thumbs up.
"Cool!" Just then a car door slammed into my ribs and knocked me backwards. My breath left me in a whoosh as I tumbled backwards, landing on the concrete.
"Not cool!" I jumped up, carelessly throwing my hand out. There was a sharp crack as a shop window burst under a bolt of ice. I winced.
"Sorry..." Before I could blink a hot blast hit me in the midsection, tossing me back. I groaned, rolling onto my hands and knees. Victor marched towards me, preparing another blast or me. I quickly slid under a car and to the other side, popping back up.
"You really shouldn't shock your family like that." I said smartly, seconds before diving to the side as electricity melted the glass behind me.
I darted towards the rest of the team, sliding to a halt besides Sue.
"Where's Johnny?" I asked, watching Victor as he moved towards us yet again. Sue didn't answer.
"Lets see how you take the heat," I held up my hands defensively, meeting the blast of electricity with the cold of my ice. I took a shaky step forward, pushing him back.
"We have to take him down!" I yelled as I was forced back a step. My arms where shaking, and I could feel the sharp pinch of electricity creeping up my arms as my powers struggled to keep up. I clenched my jaw, pushing harder.
"Hey tin man!" A blast of heat flashed by me when the electricity was gone. My arms dropped while my legs gave out beneath me. Who knew ice could take so much out of a person?
"What'd I miss?" Johnny asked, landing next to me. I shrugged, catching my breath.
"Rich man gone poor goes crazy," *pant* "The usual."
He laughed holding out a hand. I grabbed it, heaving myself up.
"Thanks hothead." I said. He smiled, opened his mouth as if he was going to say something--
Then everything went dark.
*********
"Why me?" I asked, wincing when my stitches pulled as I reached for a water bottle. Johnny laughed.
"You just seem to attract trouble." He teased. I rolled my eyes.
"If anyone attracts trouble it's you hothead." I replied, flicking cold drops of water st his face. There was a sizzle.
"Hey!" I chuckled, moving through the crowd. I peeked a glance at Reed dragging Sue onto the dco and smiled, taking a sip of my drink.
Things were good.
"They're cute aren't they?" I said, Johnnys arm dropping around my shoulder.
"Yeah... it's kinda gross." I rolled my eyes, leaning into his warmth. He kissed the side of my forehead.
Yeah, definitely good.

....The end?