Brooklyn Bridge

"Why are we stopping?" I asked as the cab slowed. We were on the Brooklyn Bridge and I, a person who has issues with heights, was not pleased to be stuck in the middle of it.

        "I don't know," Reed said, exiting the taxi. Sue, Johnny and I followed. It seemed that other people had the same idea, exiting their vehicles and gathering in a crowd, trying to see what was happening.

        While the others went ahead I payed the cab driver, giving him a nice tip, seeing as he would probably be here for a while. I then ran to find everybody. My long braided hair hit my back with every step, and I had to stand on tip-toes to see over everyone's head. I was getting frustrated, thinking I had lost them, when someone grabbed my arm and started to pull me around the crowd.

        I looked up at the stranger to tell him to keep his paws off when I saw it was Johnny, and I felt a breath I didn't know I had been holding escape me. He continued to drag me around the people, until we came up to the wreck, which is where I stopped and stared. Cars where bumper to bumper, and some had even managed to form a pile. I was thinking of staring size more when Johnny rudely pulled me around the corner.

        "Where did you guys disappear to?" I asked, noticing that Sue was looking totally pissed off and glaring at me while Johnny was laughing like I told a hysterical joke.

        "What?" I asked, and in response Sue stormed past me, and I turned to the still laughing Johnny.

        "What did I do?" I asked again. Johnny just laughed harder. Sighing, I turned and looked for Reed. Maybe I would get a straight answer out of him.

        "Reed?" I called out, trying to find him in all this panic. Realizing I wouldn't be able to see him from the ground, I carefully maneuvered my way onto the top of a car, meanwhile keeping my jean skirt from crawling up my thighs.

        When I stood up straight I finally saw how bad the pile up was. It looked like a semi truck up front had crashed, into what I don't know. Nothing was infront of it, so what had happened?

        "POP!"

        I looked around for the sound and watched as a giant wall of flame came rushing at me. I threw my arms up to protect my face, and waited for the feeling of burning. I felt that unusual click in my head, but thought nothing of it as I felt the heat envelope me. It was getting hotter and hotter, and I didn't think I could take it anymore, when suddenly it was gone.

        I slowly lowered my arms, and couldn't help but gasp. I was surrounded by a giant wall of ice, and I couldn't see anything past it. Stepping off the roof of the car I was on, I slipped on the window shield and fell flat on my butt. I sat there for a moment in silence, then I started laughing.

        I slid myself over to the edge of the car and rolled off, landing, to my surprise, in a few inches of snow. As I stood up I wondered how I would get out, but as soon as the thought crossed my mind the ice wall melted, flowing into a giant liquid ball. It hovered in the air for a second, but with a click of my mind I sent it into the water under the bridge.

        "That was the coolest thing ever." Johnny said, coming out of nowhere and startling me.

        "Don't do that!" I said, hitting him in the arm. He chuckled, which was an admittedly sexy sound.

        "CRACK CRACK!"

        I jumped at the sound of gunfire, and spun around towards the sound. I didn't realize that I had grabbed Johnny's hand until he squeezed my hand, and we ran towards the sound. The sight that greeted us was.....unusual.

*****

        "Is that Ben?" I asked in amazement. A solid man made of orange rock was holding onto the front of a fire truck, which had somehow managed to slide off the bridge so more than half was hanging over the edge.

        Hearing a scream, I saw that a man had fallen off the back end of the truck. I watched in horror as he fell, but that quickly changed to amazement.

          "Johnny, look!" I said, tugging on his hand and pointing. Reed had somehow stretched out to an amazing length, and I watched him grab the falling man.I heard gasps and yells and looked over to see Ben had managed to pull the majority of the fire truck onto the bridge.

        Johnny, Reed and I were joined by Sue, and we started going over to Ben. The seemingly out of nowhere a giant group of police swarmed Ben, all pointing guns at him while blocking our path. They started yelling for him to get down, and threatened to shoot, when suddenly

the crowd started yelling at the police.

        "He's a hero!" I heard someone yell. The police were even more out numbered when the firemen decided to talk, telling them to put their guns away. People started clapping, and we were let through to Ben, but he was walking away from us, towards the crowd.

        The crowd moved back as he came closer, and I watched him bend down, trying to grab something, but his huge hands were preventing him from getting it. Finally Reed walked over and helped him. He said something to Ben, but I couldn't hear over the crowd. Then cameras started flashing at us, and we were ushered back into a secluded area while the police and firemen set up a perimeter.

************************************

hey guys! so this chapter was gonna be super long but I chose to shorten it! I would like to add that some of the events may be changed or different then the movie, and I am oh-so sorry! Anyways, comment, vote, rant whatever! :) Read on! Kisses&Hugs

-Ms.Nightowl