Bonding Time

*Ella P.O.V*

        As soon as I was in my apartment I felt better. I didn't bother waiting for Johnny. He knew the apartment number.

         "Lucy? Where are you?" I whistled, calling for my husky puppy. As soon as I rounded the corner I was attacked by a little ball of white fur. I laughed and picked the puppy up, getting a face of dog kisses.

        "Yes I missed you to," I said in that weird baby voice you use on baby's. Then I heard a jingling sound. "Big Bubba!"

        Just letting you know, Big Bubba is a giant blood hound, and he was not my dog. I actually had two dogs and a cat, my puppy Lucy and a wiener dog called Stanford. Bubba was my friends dog, we shared an apartment, although it looked like nobody was home.

        "Where is everybody else?" I asked the dogs, petting Bubba on the head. I heard barking, and turned around to see Johnny had gotten attacked by Stanford. Well not really attacked seeing as Stanford wasn't even a foot off the ground.

        "I didn't know you had pets." He said as I picked up the excited wiener dog.

          "Well the hound is my friends." I pointed at Bubba. "And this isn't even the full crew."

        "You have more dogs?" He asked, petting the old hound on the head.

        "No, we have two cats. Cleo is Sam's, and Seuss is mine." I explained. Johnny frowned briefly, but before I could ask why I heard the irritated meowing of the two cats. I searched for the sound, and came to a stop at the kitchen.

        "Cleo and Seuss, what are you doing?" I asked, lifting the cat's off the counter. Johnny followed me, chuckling at me.

        "You guys think you run the world don't you?" I murmured to the cat's, petting them behind the ears.

*****

*Johnny P.O.V*

       "You guys think you run the world, don't you?" Ella asked as she pet her cat's. I actually liked cats, surprisingly enough. My grandmother had cats, and I had had a dog when I was a kid too, so I was fine with them.

         "So which cat is which?" I asked, picking up the siamese cat that was rubbing on my jeans. She, I discovered, loved the attention.

         "The one you are holding is princess Cleo and the ragdoll over there is Seuss." Ella said, digging through the cupboards. She pulled out a giant purple coffee cup.

         "Coffee?" She asked. I shook my head and wandered out of the large kitchen.

        Ella's apartment was quite large, and it looked like it was split into two levels. A pretty expensive place by the looks of it. There were pictures too, of her and a pretty brunette in a cowboy hat and freckles. I studied the pictures, smiling.

        "Whatcha doing?" Ella asked, coming to stand next to me with a cup of coffee in hand.

        "Just checking the place out." I said, my hands in my pockets. I looked down to see a pure white husky puppy staring at me. As soon as it saw I was looking at it, the puppy jumped up and put its front paws on my legs.

        "Well you haven't seen half the place yet, your still in the hallway." Ella grabbed my hand and pulled me down the hall.

         "This is the living room." Ella announced, leading me into a big room with giant windows. Fluffy couches and chairs were in the center of the room, facing a tv. A computer and a few book shelves where in the corner.

        "How do you afford this?" I asked as she led me to the top of the stairs, where two bedrooms and a bathroom were.

        "Sam splits the bill with me." She said, opening one of the bedroom doors. I frowned at the mention of Sam. Who was Sam?

        "Nice." I whistled at the room. A giant bed was in the center of the room, with black and white bedding. White curtains covered the large windows, and a black book shelf was in the corner.

        "That's not the best part." Ella smiled and put her coffee on one of the bed stands and pulled me into the room. Closing the door, she pointed at a black tree painted on the wall. Leaves were caught mid-fall and the branches reached across the door and up to the ceiling.

         "Who painted this?" I asked in amazement, touching the tree.

        "I did." I looked over at Ella.

        She was sitting on the edge of the bed, her hair tucked behind her ears and legs folded under her. It never struck me that she might be artistic, but looking at her now I wondered how I could have missed it. She caught me looking at her and looked away, biting her lip.

        "I should change, I've been in these clothes for a while." Ella stood up. I nodded and left the room silently.