Loose Ends Part Two

"So where is this warehouse?" Johnny asked as we drove.

          "It's by the docks," I tapped the papers inbetween us on the seat. "Victor keeps a lot of his stuff there."

       "What makes you think he has the camera and all our stuff there?" Johnny asked, reading the papers. I focused on the road, taking one hand off the wheel to sweep my hair over one shoulder.

       "Instinct."

******

        "Your okay with breaking into places right?" I whispered as we crouched behind one of the many surrounding storage boxes near the warehouse.

       "If it's Victor Von Doom's place, then yes." I chuckled, watching the two guards by the warehouse door.

       "Stay here." I said. Moving through the storage boxes, I went to the other side of the guards.

         "Here we go," I whispered to myself. Stepping back, I held out my hands. Feeling the familiar click, I shot a sharp bold of ice at the storage compartment.

         *CRACK*

         Another shot.

         *CRACK*

          Figuring I had caused enough of a distraction, I hid behind the storage bin. I waited until I heard footsteps, and I could hear the guards mumbling.

        ....One...
....Two....
           ......THREE!

        I stepped out from behind the storage unit and kicked the guard firmly in the knee, then a solid hit with my elbow. The other one made to hit me with his rifle, but I leaned to the side, caught his wrist and twisted. I heard a resounding crack and the guy yelled, but I punched him solidly in the temple. He fell silent immediately. I dropped the guys arm, then swept my hair out of my mouth.

       "Whoa."

        I turned to see Johnny standing there, looking stunned. I grinned and grabbed his hand. After glancing around to make sure that there were no other guards, we ran across to the door. Not even pausing, I gave the door a solid kick by the doorknob. It swung open with a groan, and I pulled Johnny inside, then shut the door. My hair started to glow in the dark room and I glared at it.

       "Where did you learn to do that?" Johnny asked as I waited for my eyes to adjust to the light a little more. I blushed.

       "Long story, now!" I turned to the wall. "Find a light switch."

       "Here." Johnny snapped his fingers, and a tiny flame flickered from his thumb. He held it up to the wall, and I quickly located the switch.

        "Holy crap..." The room was full of boxes and containment units, all different sizes.

         "How do we find-" Johnny started, but I cut him off, my hand over his mouth. I pointed to the single guard coming down the metal stairs that led to what looked like a computer room of sorts, and he hadn't seen us yet.

         I motioned for Johnny to follow me, and we slipped behind a set of giant boxes. My leg touched something, and I looked down to see a crowbar. I suppressed a sneaky smile.

      "Anyone there?" The guard called, making his way toward us. I gripped the crowbar with both hands, waiting until the guard was almost to us.

        *CRUNCH*

        I grimaced at the sound of the man's nose breaking into pieces. I made sure he was out before I stepped over him, but paused a few steps away. Turning, I slipped his hand gun from his holster. I deftly slid it under my the back of my shirt, the cold metal pressing against my skin as I tucked it between my jeans and my underwear.

         "You are full of surprises," Johnny commented as we climbed the stairs up to the only other lit room.

       "You'd be surprised." I muttered to myself, sitting down in the chair. Clicking the computer on, I found it showed what and where everything was in the warehouse. I grinned.

        "Jackpot, check it out," I pointed to all the data on the computer. "All the stuff from the mission is in section 20A."

      "What are you kids doing in-" Before I could jump up and knock out the guard, Johnny had already landed a firm punch to the guys jaw. He went flying out of the room and tumbled down the stairs.

       "Nice, hot shot." I complimented, bounding down the stairs. I jumped over the unconscious guard and ran toward the section.

*****

        "How do we open-"

        I hit the lock solidly with the crowbar. It came away with a snap, and I wedged the end inbetween the wood covering and the crate. Pressing with all my upper strength, the wood snapped open with a dull creak.

       "Crowbar's, wonderful things." I said, shoving the rest of the cover off.  I started to dig through the packing peanuts, standing precariously on my tiptoes.

       I yelped as I lost my grip and fell head first into the box. An arm wrapped around my waist and pulled me back out. I squeaked as I was set back on my feet, my hands clutching the arm around my waist.

       "You okay?" Johnny asked, suppressing laughter. I hit his shoulder.

         "Not fair, I'm short." I said, smiling despite myself. Johnny just laughed and kissed my cheek.

         Wait what-

         "Found it!" Johnny exclaimed, pulling my camera out. I fist pumped.

         "Yes! But wait, what about the samples?" I groaned and looked back at the box. Sighing, I leaned back over the edge, my lower stomach pressing uncomfortably against the wood.

        "Where are you..." I mumbled, nearly bent in half, my hands shifting through the packing peanuts.

       "Got it!" I said after a few minutes, pulling myself up and out of the box. Looking it over, I saw that it didn't look any different then before.

        "Let's get out of-" I squeaked as the sound of a gun being fired cut me off. I looked around, pulling the gun out, thinking. I looked up and started to shoot out the lights, my aim perfect.

       "Run!" I hissed, slinging the camera around my neck, the samples in one hand the gun in another.

       "Run where?!" Johnny asked, ducking behind a box as more shots rang out. I whipped my head around, looking for an exit.

      "Johnny, flame just the wall!" I said, firing a few shots at the others to keep them distracted. I felt blazing heat hit my back, then it was gone.

      "Now what?" I turned and pressed my hands into the hot metal. It immediately started to freeze over. After a moment I pulled back and hit it hard. Just like I had guessed, it shattered, the thin metal wall giving away to the outside.

       "Get to the car!" I whisper/screamed, tossing him the samples. I shot the rest of the bullets, then stepped though the hole. Concentrating, I iced it over, making sure that no one could immediately follow. When I ran past the way we originally came, I threw an ice bolt at the door, freezing the lock.

       "Ella!" I put on a burst of speed, the keys already in my hand. I slid across the car hood, then jumped into the front seat. Half a minute later there was nothing but tire marks left.

*******************************
Hey guys! How are you? Good I would hope! Here is another chapter, hope you like it! Took me forever to figure it out, but I finally did! I hope that you liked the excitement in the chapter! Were you surprised by Ella and her ability to be a badass? What do you think will happen next? Find out soon! Comment, Vote, and Read On!
Kisses&Hugs
-Ms.Nightowl