The Fantastic Five!

"Where are your ears?" Johnny asked Ben, who just glared. I elbowed Johnny in the ribs, whispering for him to leave Ben alone.

       "Sir," a fireman said, "There are some people who want to talk to you."

       "We're not going public with this," Reed said.

       "It's too late son. Look," the fireman switched on a portable TV to a news channel. On the channel reporters were going crazy with what had happened on the bridge, and at the bottom of the screen was a repeating title that was on every news channel we flipped to. Oh god, I thought.

       "That's what they're calling you," The fireman said. "The Fantastic Five."

       "Cool," Johnny said, standing. I grabbed his arm.

       "Woah there hot shot, where are you going?" I asked, keeping a grip on his arm.

       "To go talk to them," he said.

       "Johnny, no." Sue said in a very firm tone. "We need to think about this-"

        "That's great, you guys brain storm!" He tried to pull out of my grasp but I wouldn't let him go.

        "Johnny, I agree with Sue, we can't go talk to them!" I said. "And I'm not letting you talk to the paparazzi."

       "Well then your just gonna have to come with me." Johnny said, then before I could protest he picked me up bridal style and headed to the reporters. I wrapped my arms around his neck instinctively, noticing that he seemed to carry my weight with ease.

        "Johnny!" I heard Sue yell after us. I squirmed, trying to get him to put me down. As soon as we were in sight of the reporters they went ballistic, practically crawling over each other to get to us.

        "Johnny!" The reporters were yelling, calling out questions. I gave up struggling in his arms. I noticed that my skirt had slowly ridden up my legs and the denim was very close to showing the whole paparazzi world my panties. I tugged at it, successfully giving myself some more length.

        I was also painfully aware of Johnnys bare hands on my skin. He was very warm, and to be honest, smelt really good. I thought about taking my arms from around his neck, but I didn't want him to drop me. Johnny shifted me in his arms and I tried not to blush. I was pressed up against his chest, while his strong arms were wrapped around me, one holding my legs and the other around my waist.

        "So, who's the leader?" The same fireman asked, making me notice the rest of the "Fantastic Five" had joined us.

        "That would be me." Johnny said. The fireman looked over at Johnny and snorted.

        "I ment someone older." He said, and Sue shoved Reed forward. The fireman nodded and stepped back.

Reed stood there awkwardly for a moment, then began to speak.

       "On our recent mission, to the Von Doom space station, we were affected by a super storm, causing our DNA to change."

        It looked like Reed was going to continue but the reporters interrupted, shouting out questions.

       "How far can you stretch?"

        "Is it contagious?"

        "How do you control the water?"

        "How come the ice didn't melt in the heat?"

        "Is it true you can fly?"

        "Yeah, I'm working on that." Johnny answered. "It's actually harder then it looks."

        "ACTUALLY." Sue said loudly, interrupting everyone. "We know as much as you do at this point. We will be going to our lab to diagnose our symptoms-"

       "Symptoms? Is it a disease?" One reporter asked.

        "No no no," Johnny said chuckling slightly. "If having superpowers is a disease then yeah, we got it bad."

        "Excuse me sir, that... thing doesn't look so great." A man said.

        "Ben Grimm is a genuine American hero-"

        "What he means is," said Johnny, interrupting Reed. "Is that every team needs a mascot. A new dawn is coming; the dawn of the Fantastic Five!"

        The reporters started yelling questions and I pinched Johnnys ear, causing him to drop me. Except I didn't fall.

*****

        I hovered in the air in a sitting position. The paparazzi had gone silent, and everyone was staring at me. I floated for a moment, then I dropped to my feet. Standing there, I looked at everyone's faces. The whole place had been swallowed by silence, and everyone's mouths were wide open in shock.

        That didn't last for long. The questions started pouring forth in a even more frenzied manner, and the reporters managed to come a few steps closer to us, causing me to step back a few feet.

        "How did you do that?" One reporter asked, while others asked for my name. One guy even asked for my number. I looked at Reed, a very confused look on my face. He looked at me in amazement, but it quickly turned to frustration when a paparazzi managed to grab his jacket for a brief moment.

       "We went into space, to get answers," Reed said loudly, causing the crowd to go quiet. "To learn how the human DNA was formed, and how to strengthen it. The storm was going to be a way to cure diseases. Well now it's our disease, our DNA, our problem. I will be conducting research on this, and try to fix it. Thank you no more questions." Reed turned and walked back to the secluded area that the police had set up for us. I quickly followed him, dragging an unwilling Johnny behind me. When we got out of sight of the reporters I turned and punched Johnny in the arm.

        "Ow! What was that for?" Johnny said.

        "Did you even here what you just said?" I asked angrily. " You just humiliated Ben, and you- Woah."

       I swayed on my feet, suddenly seeing spots in my vision. I blinked and rubbed my temples. I felt Johnny grab my arms, and watched his lips move, but I couldn't hear what he said. I felt my knees buckle and I started to fall, but Johnny caught me, still saying things that I couldn't hear, but I thought I heard my name.

        Blinking, I started to lose my vision completely, and I grabbed Johnny, trying to find something to steady me. I think I said his name, and I felt my lips moving, but I can't remember if I spoke or was just imagining things. I was drowning in a fog, and I faintly felt someone holding me. Then it was gone.

        I started to hear again, and I realized I was somewhat standing. Pushing away from whoever was helping me, I stumbled away from everyone, and threw my guts up.

************************************

Hey guys! So this whole chapter kind of just plopped out of nowhere and into my lap, so I put it in. A few unexpected plot twists that I hope you like, and a little pinch of random and you have got yourself one of my books. So do you like the Johnny/Ella action? Not enough or too much? Let me know! Read on. Kisses&Hugs

-Ms.Nightowl