Gossip

When we get home i go straight to my room before my mom can shout at me again for my behaviour earlier. Im dreading the meal but again, it's for Ethan. I go onto insta to make a story about Ethan, i do it every year and so does Ddot, but i don't see a story from Ddot this year...he must've blocked me.
I jump onto my bed and just sulk, and don't get me wrong i'm not much of a sulker but it's just been a really shit weekend and i just want to forget about it, but i can't forget about something that's as bad as what i've done.
I remember when me Ddot and Ethan wondered into a wealthy neighbour hood, i was jealous of this gorgeous bike a little girl was riding so i pushed her off. Me and Ddot ran off laughing but Ethan helped the little girl up, "Why did you help her" Ddot said or something along the lines of that. And Ethan said "My momma said that when you do bad there's still enough room to be good, and being good can earn you forgiveness" I just thought Ethan was saying some corny stuff at the time but maybe what he said could help me and Ddots relationship. Im still dreading going but now it's not only for Ethan, it's an opportunity for me to make a real apology to Ddot since he blocked me on everything...so i have to get ready. We have a meal on Ethan's anniversary every year as well as visiting his grave at a fancy restaurant outside of the bronx so we always dress up nice. I rummage through my wardrobe looking for the perfect dress...is it wrong that part of me wanted to look good enough for Dd to notice? I find the perfect dress and slide into it, it's short but appropriate with a dip in the middle showing slight cleavage. I walk over to my mirror admiring my body desperate for Dd to see me. "You like what you see?" i say biting my lip in the mirror as if Dd was in front 
of me, i start lifting my dress in the mirror before someone burst in my room. I quickly pull my dress down and turn to whoever's at the door, "MOMMA! What the fu- why didn't you knock oh my God!" "Yeh you know best to stop urself from swearing at me, what the fuck do you think your doing in that mirror?" my mom says. "Nun" i say throwing myself on my chair with my arms crossed, "You know what time we need to leave this house so you better be in that car on time" she says before leaving and slamming my door shut.
It's been 50 minutes, "7:29" i read out loud looking at my phone. "Shit" i let out grabbing my jacket and bag before dashing down stairs, imma be in that car for 7:30 because i'm not bout' to get a whooping from my momma. I forcefully open the car door and jump in "yes" i say under my breath looking at my phone realising i got in on time. "I don't know what you excited about girl after the way you just handled my car door" she says cutting her eye before driving off. I roll my eyes and rest my head on the window.
"We're here" my mom says while parking the car. We walk in and i quickly top up my lip gloss and perfume before getting to the table. My mom sits next to Mrs Jackson and i take the only seat left, next to Dd. The table is really noisy and Ddot is just on his phone opposite me. I turn to Dd to see that he's already looking at me. "Your looking real fine" he whispers, i roll my eyes but i loved it really. He lets out a sigh "Ddot was meant to sit on the other side of me but he refused to sit where we are sitting" "Really? I feel awful" i say. "Imma try get his attention, then we can all go to the bathroom and talk this shit out" he says quietly. I nod my head in agreement and wait for Ddot to notice Dd staring at him, my eyes are going back and forth from Ddot to Dd waiting for something to happen, then it does. Ddot catches Dd staring right at him. "The fuck you looking at" Ddot says loudly across the table with no hesitation. The table instantly falls silent. "Yo watch your tone" Dd says scrunching his eyes. "Oh so your my father now?" Ddot says before turning to look at me "And since he's my father you must be my mother right Kiara?" My eyes widen to try tell Ddot to cool it. "Oh you scared right?" he says staring at me. "Don't fucking talk to her like that" Dd says. "Y'all better watch your language, and your tone at this table" my momma says shaking her head. Mrs Jackson stands up "Y'all better use your mouths like you just did and explain what's going on between y'all" Nobody answers so Mrs Jackson grips onto Ddots shirt "I said what's going on" she says letting go of Ddots shirt and sitting back down. Ddot let's put a sigh and faces me, "Kiara and Dd fucked". Mrs Jackson holds her hand over her mouth as i turn to look at Dd "Shit" we both say before springing out of our seats. Dd's mom and my mom jump up as i pull my heels off and run out the restaurant with Dd. We run for ages holding hands before we get to the nearest subway. We are both dying with laughter and i don't even know why, my emotions are mixed but right now i'm just happy to be with Dd.