CHAPTER EIGHT

Kylie Dior Smith || 21
Atlanta GA.
7:47 PM

"they still here?" I asked Demon as we pulled up to this beautiful brick house on the other side of town. There were cars parked all up and down the street, people sitting on the porch and loud music came from the backyard as we parked and got out.

"Yea he just texted me asking where we at" He said referring to Rico.

Nodding my head I fixed my dress making sure I looked good as we walked up the pathway and onto the porch.

"Wassup Nephew!!" A tall older man shouted with a big smile on his face. He came over pulling Demon into one of those man hugs and they patted each others backs before pulling away.

"Wassgood unc" he smiled looking around at people walking around the yard.

"Same old shit, make sure you holla at me before you leave tho I need some of that good ass green you be round here selling" he tried to whisper making both of us laugh.

Looking over at me he had this surprised expression on his face before looking back at Demon.

"This you nephew??"

Chuckling, he nodded his head before grabbing hold of my hand pulling me closer to him.

"Yea this my shorty Ky, Ky this my uncle Buggie" He spoke introducing us.

Waving, he smiled giving me a head Knod.

"Nice to meet you I see ya Nephew!" He said.

Knowing that meant I was pretty I just stood there with this goofy smile on my face.

"But gone in there and see ya granny cause she been asking bout you all damn day, gettin on my nerves and shit" he mumbled the last part before walking off towards a car.

"He seems cool" I laughed as we walked through the front door.

"That nigga a fool" He said.

"Heyy uncle Maniii !!" A pretty little girl screamed running up to him with a huge smile on her face. She hugged his legs making him bend down and pick her up.

"Wassup Tootie, where yo mama at?" He asked kissing her cheeks making her giggle.

"Her upstairs feeding sissy" She said before jumping down and running off.

"I see you everybody's favorite around here" I said making him smile. Which he's been doing a lot lately..

"Some like that, everybody love Demon" he gassed himself making me suck my teeth.

"Boy please"

"Yea, you included" He said kissing my cheek.

"Is that my babyyy" A short caramel skin woman walked over with her arms open. She pulled him into a tight hug before she let go smacking him upside his head.

"Oopp" I tried muffling my laugh by covering my mouth up.

"Whatchu do that fa?" He asked rubbing the spot with a mug on his face.

"Because you was supposed to been here earlier! It's going on 8 o'clock and yo ass just now popping up— and, who is this? You're a cutie pie!" She smiled coming over to me with a huge smile on her face.

"thank you.. I'm Kylie" I laughed shyly.

"Don't be shy baby you can call me granny" she said pulling me into a warm hug.

"Well it's nice to meet you granny" I smiled.

"Same to you baby, D'mani Make sure you get her some food! And Rico and the rest of them fools is out back I gotta finish these pies up" She said before making her way back into what I assume was the kitchen.