Chapter 2-Failure and Escape

(This is now in Joseph Solaris's POV)
"Noah," I approached the man. "I want an update on what will be our tasks for today. "

"Yes, sir. "He replied with a bored tone.

Noah looked at his checklist then spoke, "The Seed is ready to be released inside the woman, meaning that today the birth of Sujeb and Perti will happen. "

I smiled to thank him and entered the laboratory, it was crowded by the many scientists working.

"Almost done there?" I asked one of them.

"Yes, sir. " She replied.

"Everyone, be careful!" She called out as the others helped her carry the jar with a special seed inside.

They succesfully transferred it into the machine and left it there.

"Bring in the lady, please. "I ordered them. "For now, I have things to attend to. "

---
I went near the door and heard what was going on.

The humming of the machines echoed through out the room, followed by a zap.

"We have to wait for 30 minutes. " Noah says before opening the door.

He turned around and saw me, giving a surprised look.

"Oh...sir Joseph. "He greeted me.

"How is it now, Midnight?" I called him by his last name.

"The seed has been succesfully transplanted, we just have to wait until the twins are born."

"Good, good. "

---
I waited for awhile, but my conscious was disturbed when a crack echoed.

"What's going on?" I heard muffled voice ask one another behind the door.

At least I was able to hear them for a bit.

"Noah, what happened?" I asked Noah as he left.

"The twins...they were a failure...Sujeb and Perti died. " He broke the news.

I decided to take a look for myself, so I opened the door and gazed upon the machine.

There were two tiny dark, red seeds.

And they were on the floor, their light pulsated like heartbeats, then the light left.

---
The next day, I visited Maria at her room.

I told her of a plan for us to avoid insults, we had to run away.

Of course, we sneaked in from the castle without anyone knowing about us.

We arrived at the woods, where we built a house to take refuge from the rest of humanity.

---
Noah's POV

The project has been a failure, the twins were dead, Joseph and Maria disappeared.

But we stayed firm towards our goal, we have to incarnate the twins somehow.

We have to keep searching for the new Mother of Gods.