Chapter 4- All this

I finally sat on my bed, tired from the project. I was so excited to see them!

The project has been a success, and my children, Hansel and Gretel, were inside large tubes.

The scientists said I could watch them, at least. How restriced, in my opinion.

I made my way towards the observation room, still wearing the white lab gown they gave me.

I saw the two, large tubes. Inside each of them were two infants in fatal position.

I placed my hand on the left one, where Gretel was. The two were very cute, but I still wondered what they'll do.

For, of course, they were born just for the sake of this kingdom.

We all know how dangerous Arte and Ares were, why let them be born anymore?

No matter what, it never changes, right?

A few moments later, a thought came to my mind: They would just be used! Like me...

I realized it, I was a Ghoul Child, an artificial child. It seems my children are too, aren't they?

I don't want them to experience this, I don't want them to.

So I sneaked up to the control panel, luckily no one was there. So I pressed the button to open the tubes.

I grabbed two pieces of white cloth to cover Hansel and Gretel. Putting on my cloak, I stepped out of the room.

I had to overcome anyone in the hallway, so I tiptoed against the walls, hoping not to be seen.

When I reached a corner, I made sure no one was there. By fate, it was true.

I didn't know what came over me, but I ran. I could hear my steps echo.

I could finally see the exit door, there was a sign in red on top of it.

I reached forward to push it, but a familliar figure stopped me.

"Meta, what are you doing?"

I turned around to see Noah, looking concerned.

I said nothing then opened the door, running towards freedom with my children.

"GET THE OFFICERS!" Noah's shouting made me run faster.

I could hear sirens wailing, rapid lights illuminated the night. Luckily, I was able to slip within the forest.

I continued to walk until I reached the largest tree among those in the forest, it had many roots grappling the leaves.

Ah, I remembered, this was Eld, the Tree God. The one who "watched over" those in the earth.

I brandished my basket, inside was a feeding bottle. I figured to find some flowers and food for them.

So I gently placed the two sleeping bundles near the Eld Tree. Then I left, turning my back away.

---
Maria's POV

After telling Joseph that I would be getting food for us, I left our house then strayed off into the night.

When I reached the largest tree in the forest, I felt lucky as I saw a wonderful sight: Two fruits on the ground.

They must be from God, surely. So I picked them up, looking up I saw how remaekably beautiful the full moon was tonight.

I realized I had to go home soon, so that bears won't catch me.

I turned to the way home then walked fast, carrying the two precious fruits.

"ROAR!" I turned around to see a scary figure illuminated by the night, a bear!

I didn't know what to do, so I ran and ran as my legs could carry.

I felt the grass making way for my feet, then I felt more scared.

At last, I could see the house's light from afar, so I ran faster.

As I neared the door, I could hear the bear crying. Then, why are the fruits crying too?

I slowed down, listening to the strange sound, until a claw grabbed my cloak!

I suddenly lashed out at the bear, then finally made it to the door.

I felt tired after what happened, I had the two fruits and finally saw him.

At first, he had his kind smile as usual. But then I was puzzled once his eyes widened at what I held.

"Please, return these infants back to their real mother."

...

That night, I screamed, because of the truth, the painful and horrible truth.

I looked at the "fruits", but they were no longer what I percieved, they were in fact two babies, sleeping.

We opened the door and saw the corpse of a bear- no, it was a woman.

And beside her was a bottle of white milk.

A/N:

Oh fudge, what have I done...