Chapter 6: A Millennium's Requirem

A woman with long brown hair entered the forest, the hood of her dark cloak pulled low over her head. She walked towards the oldest and largest tree, thick roots extending towards all directions.

"You called for me, Sophos?" She smirked.

I did, Sela, The spirit's dissonant voice spoke. It's very important.

"Well, old friend, what is it?"

The very first mother for Project Salvation, she has been killed.

Sela nodded through gritted teeth, the certain memory playing in her head.

The Original Virtue was inside her, and the incomplete incarnations of Arte and Ares split them into seven parts.

"Oh, so you want me to go on a puzzle hunt? That's easy,"

They aren't just pieces, Sela. They are very powerful beings, capable of entering vessels and influencing hosts.

The sorceress thought this through before saying, "But there's no problem with them. They're the ones with virtue, for your boss's sake. They're making people good."

Yes, but their future hosts carry the risk of dying and being taken by the Master of the Hellish Yard. It is best that they be sealed in their vessels to be safe.

"Ah, better be gone than good." She scoffed.

I have told you that the more souls the Hellish Yard personally and wrongfully takes, the more unbalanced the worlds become

"You leave me no choice," Sela shrugged, "I'll get and seal the Virtues for you. But what about the twin gods? With one sort-of successful pair of them able to live, they could indirectly incarnate again,"

Make sure the incarnations you run into don't ruin your mission.

"Copy that," She finally says.

Go to the Royal Island, I believe Purity might get her host there.

Sela blew a strand of her hair out of her line of sight, smiling as she turned and left the god.

---
Going to Southwest of the continent was easy in just a few days. Sela sped up her ship journeys, and now, here she was in the only monarchic nation of this era. She walked past peasants' tents and soldiers' barracks.

Women in gowns had fans, and held umbrellas over their heads. Indeed, the sun was harsh today, but Sela had unhooded herself. Where is that Virtue? She looked around, but felt no presence of anything like Sophos.

Then the spell, the spell she didn't want to use ever again, came to mind. But there was no other choice. She took a deep breath, and focused.

The last time she heard that chant... The last time she heard its tune...

He could be seen, tools to his left, a box in front of him. He cranked the dial behind it. Three repeating notes. He said he didn't know what that tune was, but Sela knew. She knew after the explosion-

"Excuse me, ma'am," She opened her eyes, startled as her memories hid themselves again. A confused girl looked up at her, with purple hair tied in a bun, "You've been standing there for a while. Do you need something?"

"Yes," Sela replies, "I'm new to this nation, and in need of a guide."

The girl smiled, "I could be your guide. I know this kingdom like the back of my hand."

"Lead the way, then. What's your name?"

"Agnes, Agnes Gray," She says. The image of a dove flew by, and as she followed the girl, Sela knew that the spell must've worked.

Alright,she said to the spirit of Purity, knowing it was around, you're putting her at risk?

She never bothered to wait for an answer and followed Agnes.

((A/N: So FTV will really be my version of EC, though some parts are really the opposite *cough**cough* Humility and Pride*cough**cough*. Anyways, hope you enjoy this chaptah. Time to write the next!))