Everything Old is New Again

Okay, so before we start the next season, anyone have to use the bathroom? Rider asked.

Everyone except for Tex answered her, whether it be raising their hand or giving Rider a verbal response.

Bathrooms are at the back of the theater and there are showers if you need them. And does anyone want to wear the clothes I gave you?

Wash and York exchanged confused glances. "You didn't give us new clothes." Wash said.

Yeah I did. I said it when we started.

Everyone just stared blankly at her.

Please don't tell me you've been wearing the same clothes that you came in. Rider groaned.

And they were. Tex, York, Wash, North, and Maine were in their undersuits since Rider had taken away their armor. South, Carolina, and CT were still in their sweaty workout clothes while Florida and Wyoming were in casual wear. Not quite comfort wear clothes but not all proper.

"How did you not notice? I assume you have eyes." Wash said.

I do have eyes. I also have ADHD so I tend to focus on one thing and not notice anything else. Rider answered. Which wasn't really surprising. It pretty much aligned with her personality. And also, that's super gross. What's wrong with you? Rider said, slightly disgusted.

"Said the teenager." York retorted

Fair. I've probably done worse anyway.

"Now who's gross?"

Shut up, still you.

"Enough." Carolina said. Carolina was arguably not in the mood for this. "I'm assuming that the bathrooms have showers and changing rooms?"

If Carolina could see Rider, Carolina imagined that she'd be nodding right now. Yup! Take your time!

Carolina stared at the screen suspiciously but got up to go clean herself up. The other Freelancers followed their leader's suit.

Carolina pushed the door open and had to admit, it was pretty nice. Unlike the cold steel military showers on the MoI, this place had small white tile flooring with fluffy bath mats, bigger tiles of different shades of forest green that ran along the walls, and wood counters. Shower stalls and bathrooms were on the left side of the room, shelves for clothes and changing rooms on the back wall, and sinks with toiletries to the right.

South whistles, thoroughly impressed. "I could get used to this."

"But how are we even here?" CT asked, looking around almost suspicious.

"And what do you mean by that?" Tex asked, a brow raised.

Now that they were no longer in a dimly lit room, Carolina could see Tex's face better. Pretty blonde hair, crystal blue eyes, sharp features, a scar that ran through her left eyebrow. She looked achingly familiar and for the life of her, Carolina couldn't figure out why.

Tex caught Carolina staring at her and narrowed her eyes. "What?" She demanded.

Carolina scowled and stalked over to the changing room to undress and shower.

Carolina sighed as hot water ran down her body in streams. This was... soothing. Peaceful.

"So where do you think we are?" South asked from the stall next to hers.

"Seriously South? You want to ask that question right now? You don't think that's inappropriate?" CT demanded from the stall next to hers.

"Well I didn't take you out of all people to be a prude." South said sarcastically.