Room for Rent

The camera pans to the right to show the Blues.

Tucker: Well Tex, that was a great story. I especially liked the part about Church getting pants'd in high school.

Wash winced at the mention of pants'd. No good memories there.

Church: (cut to ghost Church standing next to Tucker) I found that part to be entirely out of context.

Tucker: (cut back to Tucker) But I still don't get how we're supposed to stop the AI.

Tex: (cut to Tex in Lopez's body in front of Sheila) I don't remember much from (a black and white flashback of a laboratory fades in) the implantation process. I do remember that the AI can be transmitted from host to host by way of the helmet radios. Before I learned anything else, the AI took over and we escaped. (fades back to present) If we can kill the AI and not give it a place to jump, we'll beat it.

Wash paled. "Please don't tell me she just said host."

"She did," York answered. "What's the problem?"

"Host makes it sound like they take control of us," Wash answered, fidgeting with the edge of his blanket. "And we were due for our AI implantations soon, before this–" Wash waved one of his hands around, gesturing to the theater. "–happened."

"I'm sure it'll be okay," North said comfortingly, but even his words sounded weak.

Wash bit his lip but didn't say anything.

"Hey, it didn't take over me, so I'd imagine that you'll be fine." Tex said, surprising herself and everyone else. Tex wasn't one for comforting others, but she saw how nervous the kid was. While Tex was a big fan telling people to suck it up, sometimes, sometimes, a reassuring word or two is needed.

"It might not have taken control over you, but it still affected your personality," Wash pointed out, his brows furrowing.

"The Director said that there were going to be side effects." York said, waving around a fry he got from the buffet to make his point before tossing it in his mouth. "Besides, it's not like it affected Tex's personality a lot."

"Look at that, he can pay attention," CT teased.

"Ouch," York said with mock hurt, holding a hand to his heart.

Tex narrowed her eyes at York. "So you're saying that I've always been a 'rotten bitch'?" She asked, referencing Church's earlier words, ignoring his and CT's banter.

York froze, seeing the hole he dug himself into. "Uhhhh," He said, trying to figure out which answer would get him less hurt.

Yes. Rider said, coming to York's rescue.

Tex glowered at the smaller screen, not happy with Rider's response.

What? Did you want me to say you aren't a rotten bitch? 'Cause you are. Rider said.

North groaned. "Why? Why would you say that? Do you think you're being brave?" He asked, exasperated.

Hell no. Rider said. I'm being stupid and feeling a little suicidal.

"Okay everybody!" York said loudly, clapping his hands together. "Let's all not say anything else, lest we get our spines ripped out. Rider, shush. Tex, ignore her. We good?"

Yee. :)

Tex looked back at the screen with a ticked off huff, her arms crossed and her eyes still blazing.