chapter 4

Natashas pov:
I'd woke up that morning with a heavy sweat from the previous nightmare. It was recurring, except every time it felt more real. It was excruciating to experience all over again. My heart was racing, my lungs collapsing barely allowing me to breathe. I tumble out of bed panting, trying to make my way to the bathroom. I hold myself up resting on the sink, rinsing my face. Every beat my heart makes I could feel in my chest. The walls felt like they were slowly closing in on me, the door was still wide open though. I could see into the bedroom but to get into it felt like it was an impossible task. I try to stand up on my own but failing miserably, causing me to fall onto the floor and back into the corner. I'd had panic attacks before but never this bad. They were usually about the same thing, but why was this one worse? Black spots started to appear in my vision. I wasn't going to let myself pass out, but I didn't know what else to do. No one was around, nor would i let them come to help me. I started to go deaf in one ear. Why did this have to happen?
"Help" I croak trying to get someone's attention. It didn't work though. Digging my nails into the floor I try to gain some feeling in my hands. Everything was numb. Attempting to gasp for air, I couldn't breathe. I was shaking.

Wandas pov:
I needed to talk to Natasha about training today. I needed her to know that I was trying and she should try to help me so I could be some what of a challenge towards her. I got up out of my bed getting dressed for the day. Leaving my room, I walked up to Natashas door. Was she in there? I knock on the door hoping to get her attention.
"Natasha?" I say knocking again waiting for a response. Still none. I was getting worried now. Maybe she went out for a run with Steve? But it was 10am they'd be back by now. I wait for a second thinking my plan through. I gently pull down the handle of the door peaking inside to hopefully find the red head. But she wasn't there. Now I was really anxious.
"Natasha?" I speak.
"Help" I heard a croaky voice say from the bathroom on my right. The door was wide open but from where I was standing I couldn't see inside fully. Was she hurt? Walking up towards the door I spot the red head uncomfortably on the floor digging her nails into the ground. She sat there with her knees to her face, taking incredibly short breaths. I could feel her panic in her mind. I didn't even have to enter it to know that. She was having a panic attack. I was familiar to these as I'd experienced some extreme ones since the battle and hydra.

Natashas pov:
I see a blurry figure stand in the doorway of my bathroom. I didn't see much as I quickly hid my face. I couldn't let anyone see me like this. God knows what they'd think of me after. I briefly look up again seeing the girl now sat not too far from me, next to the shower. Tears forming and black spots appeared. I had a major headache. The girl was trying to say something to me but I couldn't hear anything. I was starting to get flashbacks again. The walls were very close to me, almost like I was trapped in my position. If I moved they'd get 10 times closer. It was unbearable. Closer, closer, closer until they were two steps away from me. I couldn't control it. I needed to try to take some deep breaths and distract myself. I was never going to make it out. But with what felt like two collapsed lungs and a very busy chaotic mind, that was never going to happen. So I tried to focus on the girl. I needed to focus on something to get another one of my senses back. I started with her face she had her hair tied up in a plait. She had green eyes and soft pink lips. She was wearing what looked to be sports wear. Maybe she was planning on training. She looked panicked but tried to remain calm.

I continued to point out her features in my head until I started to regain my hearing.

"Natasha can you hear me?"

I look up to her face and slowly nod. My hearing definitely wasn't back to normal but it was still there.

"Okay, please try to take some deep breaths with me."

It took me a while to process what she said but once I did I attempted to follow her instructions. A while later of doing this she spoke again.

"Good, well done, can I touch you?" She asked in a calm tone.
I hesitated and took a while to answer but eventually I nodded back. She slowly moved closer too me placing her hand on my knee. I could tell she was trying her best to help, and so far it had kind of worked.