chapter 11

Natashas pov:
I woke up in a similar position to the night before with wanda still hugging me. For some reason I felt slightly guilty; the poor girl had spent her entire life being tortured with her family members deaths and hydra. Now I was another person she would most likely lose, I wasn't exactly suicidal but if it meant helping a mission I'd do it. The team means lots to me. They've been there when my family hasn't so of course I'd sacrifice myself without a second thought. I didn't want wanda to be put through another death. I loved her and it hurt to see her in so much pain.

With that I slowly untangled myself from her and left the room. I returned to mine to get changed into sports gear and left the compound. To get my mind off things I ran. Without stopping. I had no idea where I was or where I was going but I just kept running. It didn't matter anyways; I'd eventually return.

I ran and ran and ran until I was in a forest and through the congregation of trees there was a view of the sea. It was beautiful and shone in the morning light. I stop running and walk towards the opening in the towering trees. I'd only then realised yet that I had tears streaming down my face and had been for a while since my cheeks felt incredibly damp.

When I reach the edge it wasn't that far down. So I sat on the edge.

"Where else am I going to get a view like this" I mumble to myself.

The clouds were perfectly shaped and floated effortlessly through the pale blue sky. I wish I could be like that. Without worry. No red in your ledger. Free to roam. No trauma. It just seems like the perfect life.

I sat staring at the sky for ages but it was nice. I didn't want to think about things to do with the compound and my friends.

I decided to get up and run further into the forest, hoping to find something interesting.
And sure enough I did.

I found a cabin. Dark wood. It was small but looked homely. I couldn't see anything through the windows.

I wanted to go inside, to see if there was any life inhabiting it. I slowly walk up the steps not bothering to reach for my gun or any sort of weapons. I didn't care at that point. I gently twist the door handle and creak it open. I walk in and start to look around. Someone definitely lived in it by the boots at the edge of the door and dirty plates next to the sink.i turn and look down the short corridor to find a slightly taller blonde woman. She hadn't noticed me. It was like she was looking right through me.

On closer inspection the woman had blue mascara on and black eyeshadow that outlined her eyes. She had quite a round face and her hair was in a single plait through the middle of her head.

She walked over to the kitchen counter top,  gently picking up a strip of photos of two children. One blue haired girl and a blonde. They were both smiling and looked truly happy to be with each other.

That was when it hit me. Them photos were of me and yelena. This is yelena? She escaped dreykov?

"Yelena?" I said in a gentle voice trying not to startle the woman as she hadn't paid any attention to the fact I was there.
There was no verbal response. Only a confused look across her face as she glanced around the room. She laid her eyes on where I was standing but still didn't notice me. What was going on?

"Yelena it's nat"

The blonde slowly pulled her hand towards a gun shoved into her pocket.
I slowly walk forward towards her. I felt invisible. She wasn't noticing me. I hadnt seen her since she was six without being control of dreykov. And now I had finally gotten to see her and she didn't... see me?
When I was close enough I reached out my two hands and tried to hold her face.