chapter 8

Natashas pov:
Once we had landed we got off the jet and invaded the base. Guards were armed left right and centre.
"Give us back the girl! She means no harm!" Tony shouted at secretary Ross knowing that he would not but it was worth a try.

"You know she is just as much of a threat as all of yous." Ross stated.

"Fine!" Tony shouted and started blasting his beams.
We had made a plan in the jet to split off without being seen as easily as possible. Tony and rhodey on Ross, Sam and Steve on security, me and Clint on getting wanda out of here. Steve was going to find the control room and get wanda out.

Once me and Clint had made our way down the hall destroying anyone in our path. I saw an opening to a larger room with cells in and sprinted towards it. I checked the cells individually until I got to the final one.

She was there. Wanda. She looked like she hadn't slept in decades from the big purple bags under her eyes. Her arms were tied around her back in a strong cast like thing to keep them there. She had an electrical collar on the supposedly shocked her every time she would move. I knew that because of the purple marks around her neck. She had multiple bruises and gashes across her face. She'd been starved since the last time I saw her and must've thrown up the food I'd gave her that morning. She was unbelievably pale and I'd noticed patches of blood on the blue prison outfit they had given her. 

She didn't react when I arrived infront of the cell. That worried me because I would've thought she'd try to help me get her out. Instead she looked zoned out and incapable of moving.

"Anytime now Steve." I say hurriedly over the comms to get wanda out of this awful place."

The gates had started to rise and I rushed under them to get to wanda making sure she was alright and hadn't just died with her eyes open.

"Wanda! Hey come on we've come to get you out I need you to come with me" I say softly but in a rush because I knew guards would be rushing over here anytime now. She slowly turned her head to look at me and croaked out two words.
"My...neck.." she sounded deeply hurt and this made me feel ill.
I knew she needed to get this thing off her neck so I took one of the tools from my waist and slowly broke the choker. After that she looked slightly more relieved. I gently held both of her shoulders to try and make her more aware of the situation but she flinched.

"Hey its okay..its me Nat..we're taking you back home" I say trying to get her attention. "Can I carry you?"

She looked at me for a second and then spoke quietly again. "It... hurts.." She was looking at her stomach, where the blood patches were.

I knew this was a terrible thing so I quickly got onto the comms and told Bruce to get ready immediately.

"I'm sorry this is going to hurt but I need to do it." I say crouching fully and picking her up. She winced at the pain and groaned. She buried her face into my neck.

'What on earth did they do to her?'

I quickly try to leave the building with clint while Steve, Tony, Sam and rhodey kept the guards and Ross busy. I rushed onto the jet and gently rested her body on the floor with her head elevated on my leg.

"Wanda we're going to have to take this off to treat to your wounds."
She nodded slowly and I took her blue uniform off her top half. She was in a sports bra underneath but what shocked me the most were two bullet wounds, cuts and bruises that covered her entire torso. Bruce was helping to her wounds and I told the rest of the team to hurry up. A minute or so later the team had turned up into the jet and started to fly back at max speed.

"Wanda please try to keep your eyes open" I say quietly making sure I didn't frighten her anymore. She tried her best and I knew she was tired but she could've died otherwise.

I brushed the hair out of her face and stroked her cheek. She was slowly becoming more conscious than she was before making her more aware of the situation and what had happened.

Almost at the end of the journey

Wandas pov:
I looked around slowly trying to figure out where I was now and what had happened.
I'd been taken out of my room and drugged by some sort of agent. The next thing I remember was waking up to a punch to the face by some other man. He was the secretary. I tried to resist them as best as I could but they had shot me twice. They had left me to bleed to death in a cell. What I remember after was just a blur. I was dying and that was all I knew.

Now I was in another jet but this time with better people. I realised I was resting on Natashas lap, and she was sat there biting at her nails. I tried to push myself up to sit but then was hit by a boulder of pain from my stomach. I looked down to see myself out of the blue top and in just my sport bra I had bandages wrapped around my two wounds and felt extremely weak. With that my arms gave way and fell back down. Luckily Natasha caught me. She gave me a worried smile.

"Try to lie down it will hurt less" she said trying to stop me from causing anymore pain amongst myself.
I listened to what she said and lay back down on her legs.

-

Once we had arrived at the compound Natasha carried me out of the jet and into a room full of doctors. It caused me to panic and I was hyperventilating before I knew it. I couldn't breathe again, I was having flashbacks to hydra. It was all too familiar and it felt like they were back for more, even if they were different people. Natasha had placed me down on the bed and all these people were rushing around the room to get stuff. I started shaking and Natasha noticed.

"Stop! Please, not again! Don't do anything to me!" I exclaimed very panicked. I didn't care about the pain anymore and pushed myself out of the bed running to Natasha to be saved. I wrapped my arms around her and buried my face into her neck. "Please make it stop Nat. Please save me. Its too loud!" I started to cry.

"It's okay, it's okay don't worry, I'll make them leave." She said placing her hands over my ears making the noise level drop.

I refused to look up from Natashas neck so instead I stood still wrapped around her waiting for her to tell me it was alright.

"They've gone wanda, its okay." she said with a anxious smile.

I pulled my face away from her neck to look at her and let go of her body.

"Thank you" I said relieved.

The room was empty with just us inside. I was thankful for that. Nat reached out and held my hands.

"Thank you for saving me." I say calming down.

"It's okay, but you will need to get Bruce to help you recover. You need a lot of blood put back into your body." She said sitting me down on the bed.

"I know... I just.. it was too much all at once. With just Bruce it will be okay though"

She smiles looking less worried now. She lets go of my hand and placed hers on my cheek.

"Thank you for letting me help you get out of there." Natasha said

"I'm very thankful that you guys actually came."

"Of course we would!"

I smile looking down. "Tell Bruce to come in now."

"Okay, are you sure?"

"Yes."

Bruce came in and hooked me up to a few machines that would help pump blood back into my body. Natasha was by my side the entire time too. I couldn't help but stare at her. She might not have slept for ages but she still look gorgeous.

"You should go to sleep" I said hoping she would.

"Not unless you do"

"Fine" I say reaching out for her hand. She gave me it hesitantly and I lifted up to my mouth and kissed it.
"Goodnight Nat" I say smiling feeling my face heat up at what I just did. Natashas face was also bright red as she struggled to respond.

"Y-yea goodnight"

I hope she wasn't weirded out by that. Because that would be really awkward the fact that I've just ruined our friendship.

After a while I drifted off to sleep hoping I could get more than a few hours since I'd lost a lot during the past few days adventures. There was definitely a lot to talk about tomorrow.