Silence X Alluka X Hire

It was quiet between them. Where was Kagome even supposed to start? Here they were again, in a bar, listening to the sounds around them as the ice slowly melted in their cups.

"You can start when you're ready." Katsumi broke the silence.

"I don't know where to start." Kagome replied. Would she get in trouble if she explains Illumi's plans? She was sure Illumi was hiring help for his own plan, so what was wrong with her doing the same?

"Tell me about Gon." Katsumi answered. She wanted to know what was happening with both Killua and Gon, but with the way Kagome was giving a distressing aura, it was safe to say things were not ok with Gon.

The silence followed again, before Kagome finally spoke up.

"Gon is not ok." Kagome gave a vague answer, she also was unsure of the whole story. A story that Killua had rushed in telling her as he told her that he was rushing home. "I don't know what's fully going on. Killua said he no longer has his nen, and he won't wake up."

"His nen is gone?" Katsumi questioned.

"He made a contract, and sacrificed his nen. That's what Killua told me." Kagome continued. "Katsumi, please help me save Gon and Killua."

"Did Killua also lose his nen?" Katsumi began to question, trying to keep herself calm.

"He went back home. He mentioned something about wanting to see someone named 'Alluka'."

The silence followed again, as Katsumi slightly bit her lip. She had seen Alluka on multiple occasions when she was younger, and then slowly was prohibited from seeing her. She assumed it was because she herself was in a strict training regiment, but when she had questioned Illumi about the situation, he had told her that Alluka was to dangerous for her to visit.

"Illumi told me Alluka is one of your brothers, that he's locked up for being considered a dangerous being." Kagome continued, reciting the information she was told.

"Sister." Katsumi corrected.

"Sister?" Kagome questioned. "I thought you were the only female born into the Zoldyck family."

"Alluka once told me that she's a girl." Katsumi explained. "Well, that's what she would like to be referred to as. So I call her my sister."

Kagome could only smile at this bit of information, it was nice to know that Katsumi took others feelings into consideration. Despite being a Zoldyck.

"What does Illumi have planned?" Katsumi suddenly questioned.

"Huh?" Kagome asked a bit surprised.

"You told me that Illumi told you about Alluka. The only reason he would mention her is because something is about to happen involving her." Katsumi explained. "What is Illumi's plan?"

Kagome hesitated once more. It would be a breech in contract if she were to explain another assassin's plans.

But, if saving Gon breeches those plans, so be it.

"Illumi wants to kill Alluka, and he's going to hire Hisoka for help." Kagome answered.

"How does that involve Gon and Killua?"

"Killua told me he plans to use Alluka to save Gon."

The silence followed one last time before Katsumi sighed, and pushed herself out of her seat.

"You better know what you're getting into by hiring me, especially when the other party is hiring my husband." Katsumi answered with a smirk.

"I was told you're one of the best in the business." Kagome smiled back.

"Does Illumi know you're hiring me?"

"Probably."

"Should I start praying for yours and Illumi's relationship?"

"Probably."

I've never been hired to save someone's life before. This is different.