Pork X Fish X Familiar

The second phase was beginning, and both examiners had introduced themselves as Gourmet Hunters, Buhara and Menchi, and that there would be 2 task involved.

The first task was to roast a pig, and offer it in a way that Buhara would find delicious.

Buhara had eaten every applicants roasted pig... even Katsumi's, which she had burnt.

The second task was presented by Menchi, and had said that the next meal they would make is sushi (This scene was omitted in the 2011 version, but appeared in the manga and 1999 version). All applicants had become stumped, no one knew what sushi was, except for Hanzo who had laughed internally since it is a signature dish of his country. 

"What the fuck is sushi?" Kagome asked as she stared at the cooked rice. 

"I don't know, I'm not a very good cook to begin with." Katsumi answered as she investigated the cooking tools. 

"Oh yeah, you burnt your pig." Kagome had then laughed, causing Katsumi to let out an annoyed groan. 

It was then that 2 applicants had accidentally revealed that one of the main ingredients was fresh fish. So off all applicants went to catch fish. 

"Kagome, that's not even a fish." Katusmi commented. 

"You think it's edible?" Kagome answered back. 

"Probably?" 

"Then I'm using it." 

"... I don't even know what it is." 

"Me neither." Kagome shrugged. 

"Oh wow! You caught so many fish!" A familiar voice had announced. Quickly, they had both turned their heads to the sound, only to notice Killua and Gon. 

Kagome stared at the 2 boys that had approached, only recognizing Killua, since she sees him often. 

"Yeah." Katsumi answered the 2 boys with a smile. "Kagome caught most of them." 

"Neee, you can fish Kagome?" Killua asked a little surprised. 

"I'm from a country that specializes in fishing." Kagome said with a grin as she held a makeshift fishing rod. It was a long stick that had hair tied to it in single strands to act as fishing line. At the end of that, there was the hook of a keychain that looked like it had been broken off to look like a hook. 

"Wow! This is amazing!" Gon continued as he stared from the fish to Kagome in excitement. "I'm Gon Freeces." Gon said as he kept his eyes on Kagome, and a huge grin on his face as he held his hand out to her. 

Kagome simply stared for a moment, it was hard hearing her last name attached to another's name. It was even harder to look at the young boy she had left behind, a baby brother she had left for selfish reasons. 

"I'm Kagome." She replied back, and shaked his the young boys hand with a gentle smile. Gon stared for a moment, as if mesmerized by the woman in front of him. She was familiar, and at the same time not. She reminded him of the images of a young woman he had seen before in pictures, but there wasn't many stories about her from Aunt Mito. 

"Nice to meet you, Kagome." 

"Nice to meet you as well, Gon." 

This is so cute.