Chapter 13: Not Just Anyone

Narrator's POV

Lauren could not stop looking at Camila. The more she looked at Camila, the more she wanted her. She did not know how things among them would grow, but she did want it to become special. The way they looked at each other was so affectionate. The connection between them was growing strong. Everything looked good so far. It seemed to head in the right direction. Lauren did not want to think too much. For now, she wanted to enjoy her birthday with Camila tonight. She would let things flow as she believed what they had should be flowing and growing naturally.

Lauren touched Camila's chin and made Camila look at her, "It's my best birthday."

"Yeah?" Camila said in a low voice as she was lost in her favorite green eyes.

"Yes... you came unexpectedly, bought me a great gift, and kissed me well... I can't ask for more." Lauren smiled. She wanted more: more kisses and real sex, but what she had had with Camila was more than enough for today, more than what she asked for. Unless Camila wanted to do more. Lauren undoubtedly would not reject anything from Camila.

Camila smiled "are you always such a sweet talker?"

"Am I?" Lauren asked in return, but Camila did not answer, just looked at her. "I don't know... but I always wear my heart on my sleeve..."

Camila smiled. She wondered if Lauren was always so sweet with her exes or even her dates.

"You always seem to know what to say... you can get any girl or woman you want with that skill." Camila said.

"You think so?" Lauren smiled, and Camila nodded. "I think it takes more than that to do that..."

"It does... but you already have them," Camila added.

"What are they?" Lauren asked, even though she could guess what Camila meant.

"Brain and beauty..." Camila mentioned them.

"but I'm not super wealthy ..." Lauren chuckled. It was true that it was not hard to get a woman she was interested in so far.

"You're doing good..." Camila said. "you own a company and a beautiful house.." Lauren did not think those think would easily make women fall for her. She doubted it, even more, when it was Camila who had fame and money. Camila raised one of her eyebrows, "...you're an intelligent, beautiful beloved boss?"

"You have a better way with words." Lauren adjusted her sitting position. She lifted one of her legs on the sofa, sitting, facing Camila. . "but... I don't just want anyone."

"What does that even mean?" Camila frowned.

Lauren smiled, "It means I am not a womanizer."

Camila smiled. She did not see Lauren as a womanizer despite Lauren's friends-with-benefits thing. "How many exes do you have?" Camila casually asked as she leaned on the sofa.

Lauren looked at Camila before she looked up and started counting using her fingers. She counted mumbling names. She used another hand to continue counting, which made Camila frown. Lauren stopped at seven and looked at Camila.

Camila looked at Lauren's hands, "seven?"

Lauren counted again, which made Camila speechless. Lauren laughed when she saw Camila's expression.