Chapter 21: First Real Fight

Narrator's POV

When the summer ended, Camila told Lauren that her fake boyfriend would soon end in autumn. She also told Lauren that she was not going to do such things anymore. That news made Lauren happy. However, Camila still could not go public about their relationship. Lauren would not mind that at all. She did not have that need to show the world that she was dating the diva. The most important to Lauren was Camila was hers to kiss, to have, and to love.

By the end of November, Sinu finally asked Camila about her relationship with Lauren. She had watched her daughter seeing Lauren continuously. The consistency had convinced Sinu that Camila was seriously seeing Lauren. She would like to know how things were going between her daughter and Lauren. She asked Camila right after Camila and Lauren had their first anniversary in their relationship.

"Camilita..." Sinu sat next to Camila at Camila's house on Thursday afternoon.

"Yeah..." Camila looked at her mother. Lauren just left after lunch, before her mother came.

"Things seem to get more serious now," Sinu said.

"Things?" Camila could guess, but she wanted her mother to clarify further.

"You and Lauren." Sinu sipped her tea and looked at Camila, who put her phone away. "How is it going between you two?"

"It's good." Camila knew it was the time when her mother wanted to know everything.

"Have you made it exclusive?" Sinu asked further.

"Yes," Camila said, looking at her mother, and sipping her afternoon tea.

"Since when?" Sinu had no doubts they were doing well from how Camila seemed happier this past year since she was seeing Lauren.

"Last year... we just had our first anniversary yesterday." Camila got nothing to hide from her mother.

"Really?" Since did not see it coming that they would make it exclusive fast.

"Yeah..." Camila smiled but not fully, not knowing how her mother saw her relationship with Lauren.

Sinu tried to recall, "You two are already girlfriends since the award night?"

Camila was impressed by how her mother still recalled it, "No, but the day after..."

"Oh..." Sinu drank her tea again, thinking.

Camila looked at her mother. She took a cookie and had a bite. She was a bit nervous. She did not need her mother's approval for dating Lauren or anyone, but she would love to have her mother support her relationship. It would be more wonderful that way if her family supported her relationship with Lauren.

"What do you think about Lauren, mom?" Camila asked. She could not wait.

"Hmm... do you like her?" Sinu asked Camila instead of answering her.

"Yeah... I love her..." Camila looked at her tea, smiling subtly. Sinu smiled, looking at her daughter. "Do you like her for me?"

"Camila... if you love her and she loves you. I say no more." Sinu said.

"Thanks!" Camila smiled, "But I want to know what you think about her, about us."

"Well... I think she is good. She is smart, very thoughtful, respectful, and very beautiful..." Sinu said.

"anything bad?" Camila asked.