Coming home

George walked up to the door of the house, fumbled around in his jacket pockets for the keys, and finally unlocked the door. He stepped inside, and closed the door. Through the window, the sky was slowly turning dark. George took off his jacket, and laid it on the floor, too tired to care.
"I'm in here!" George heard his best friend, Karl, shout from the couch. George took off his boots and walked to the couch. "Hey, Karl." He greeted the other brunette in a monotone voice, and collapsed onto the couch. He saw Karl give him a worried look, then the microwave in the kitchen dinged, and Karl got up to get his food. Today was annoying, and horrible George thought to himself as he suppressed tears. The lights were off, and the tv was showing the news. There was a story about a shooting, but George turned down the volume. Karl came back and sat his food down on the table, some microwaved leftover pizza. Karl saw George about to cry, and sighed.
"What happened, George?" Karl asked, worried about his best friend. "Are you okay?"
"Well... Today there was this really rude costumer today at the cafe, and it just ruined my day. Then, I got chased by a dog for a while on my break, and then the expresso machine broke and ruined my clothes." He explained, tears threatening to spill. "Then, I got splashed by a car driving by on the way home? And when I finally got on the bus, a dog that was on the bus with their owner pissed on my boots!" George sat forward, head in hands. Karl leaned in and gave me a hug.

George went to bed that night thinking about life. As he rolled over in bed, he checked his phone. It was 9:38 at night and he sighed into his pillow. He sat up, and walked over to the light switch. He turned on the light, and sat back down on his bed. He slowly rolled up his sleeves, and looked at them. Scars were everywhere. George felt a tear roll down his face. Why am I like this? George thought to himself as he started to cry silently. Suddenly he got a flashback from his childhood.

"YOU ARE WORTHLESS!" George's dad screamed. Seven year old George cowered  against the wall, and started to cry. "AND YOU'RE ALSO A WIMP! COME HERE!" And with that his dad started to advance on him, raising his fist and-

"George! You alright?" Karl's voice said, and George snapped awake, tears on his face. He sat up, and saw Karl looking at him anxiously. "I heard you screaming in your sleep?"
"I was having a nightmare... About my dad..." George's voice trailed off with a sob. Karl understood, and nodded.
"I'll talk to you tomorrow, but get some rest." Karl said, and he walked out of the room, closing the door and heading to his room. George sighed, turned his light off, and went back to sleep

*************************************************
Well, what did you guys think of the first chapter?

The action will start in the next chapter, so be ready.

Also, the city is called L'manberg. The second chapter should be out within an hour or two