Free Your Thoughts

Trigger Warnings : attempted murder, arguments, non-graphic violence, crying.

Minho stares at his arm, a new bandage wrapping the once names he loved.

He's sad from losing their names on his skin, but he can still tattoo them back. He'll just have to wait a few months, then he'll do it.

Enough of glooming ! Today, Hyunjin is supposed to swap with Chan.

So, he's not surprised to find Hyunjin as the first one to wake up.

But he is surprised to find him frozen in the middle, staring at him cooking, like a deer caught in the headlights.

"Yo, slept well ?" He asks to break the awkward tension between them before resuming cooking some noodles.

They didn't really have a moment with just the two of them together, so Minho's going to take that time to his advantage before all the gremlins come down.

"Uh- yes."

Minho can feel he's hesitant and awkward, maybe because of the fact he hurt him, ruined his arm in his panic.

"You hungry ?"

Minho doesn't blame him.

"Uh, a bit."

He hears him shift a bit, wondering if he can come closer.

"Come help me then," He replies with a grin, looks back at him to find an unsure expression, but then he's coming closer.

They're quiet as they work together. Chan doesn't know half of the things he asks him to do, guess he didn't watch Ratatouille or any culinary movies, but still tries.

Other than that, Minho is trying to make some conversation but he can see him staring at his injury.

"I'm fine, it doesn't hurt anymore."

Chan blinks out of his daze and looks away, he has a deep frown now. He's conflicted ? "Aren't you happy that I got rid of your killmate mark ?"

Minho shakes his head, "I'm not, I'm sad about it," he smiles bitterly, "I'm proud of the names on my skin, I'm proud of loving them," he mutters softly and looks at him, watches his expression crack at his words.

"What do you mean ? My- there was my name too," he trails, his eyes are filled with something fragile.

Minho wonders if he should break it or cradle it tenderly.

Maybe do both.

He smiles gently, "Yeah," he whispers, "there was your name too."

Chan shakes his head and takes a step back, "I don't understand you."

"I know," He replies and turns to face Chan, "I know it's hard to trust us, but you're one of my soulmates," he startles himself when his voice cracks and then he's blinking rapidly to get rid of tears, why is he so emotional now ?

When he looks back at Chan, he knows why.

Chan's never going to believe them.

"Stop lying," he grits his teeths, frowns in anger at him, "you just want to- to control me."

"Who's been lying so far ?" He asks after finding back a stable voice. He knows he's cornering Chan on that one, but he just wants to help.

Chan pauses and frowns at his words, shakes his head, like he can't- he's not believing it, "It's- it's different-"