Let's Heal

It's difficult to hope.

It's harder when it's about their soulmate.

Felix sighs, buries their head in their crossed arms on the table.

It has only been a day.

Changbin had told them, defeated and sad with a blank expression on top.

They had left when he arrived at the house. There's nothing they can do except ask the Maritime Agency about Ha Youngsoo's boat destination. So far they only learned the man had used a fake identity, same for Chan. But after some thorough examination, they found out they were going to Australia and now he's hoping to call the Australian Maritime Agency to stop the yacht, but he still felt like they wouldn't manage to stop them.

Now all they can do is hope Chan will open his eyes.

The whole case had been exposed to the world, passing on the news and social media, and Felix couldn't stop the tiny hope of Chan seeing it and actually opening his eyes.

Hyunjin enters the kitchen to pause when he sees Felix. "Hey," he says softly before sitting next to him.

"Hey," they reply. They're tired.

"Did you see ?"

Felix hums, "About the news ? Yeah, I did."

But Hyunjin shakes his head and takes out his phone, opens it on their chatroom.

He shoves the phone in front of his face and Felix reads while their heart mourns.

Christopher left the chatroom.

"Fuck, he's really gone, isn't he ?" They murmur, tears burning in their eyes and Hyunjin brings him in his arms.

Felix melts and cries.

"It's okay, we tried our best," He whispers gently, rubs his back and blinks his own tears away.

Felix doubts that and they're sure Hyunjin feels the same.

It's hard the first few days.

Minho's starting to be lost in his head for too long, too quiet for anyone. It's not something they're used to see. Changbin's losing sleep trying to find Chan. Hyunjin keeps having this blank, tired look, helping others instead of himself, maybe to not dwell on it too much ? Jisung is turning quieter and locking himself in his room at his parents' house. Felix cries more and smiles less. Seungmin gets angry easier and can't focus on his studies anymore. Jeongin is... lost in hope and focusing too much on his photography that it's starting to be an obsession.

It's hard.

But they'll make it.

It's been a week.

No news.

Jisung wonders if it's not his fault if Chan didn't want to be with them.

He was too aggressive, too much. If he hadn't threatened Chan, he might be there with them, laughing and enjoying his life.

He sighs. He's so exhausted from thinking of what ifs.

He looks at the chatroom they stopped using.

They made a new one instead, too many memories stuck to the other.

Jisung sits on his bed.

He hadn't noticed but it's been some time he didn't sleep in his bedroom with the knowledge of his mother downstairs and his father in the garden.