12: h༙i༙d༙e༙a༙w༙a༙y༙

Lisa. This stuff wasn't for me. Slight regret filled me on my and August's behalf , but I was here now . Had to do what I had to do.

I had been driving for 6 hours straight as August snored in the passenger seat .

My eyes were becoming heavy as I continued to stare at the highway of this already dark night .

I put my signal light on as I turned on this dirt road off the highway .

The sound of dirt and rocks flying up under the car and dogs barking was all I heard .

It was pretty loud and the sudden change of noise woke August immediately .

"The hell you going?" He asked , raspy . I kept driving on the road , passing a few houses .

"This is the way to carter house." I mumbled .

he shifted in his seat , getting comfortable .
5 minutes passed til we got to his house from the dirt road .

I parked and turned off the car as I took a deep breath , looking up at the house .

"Aight come on." August said tucking the gun in the waistband of his boxers , getting our bags from the back seat .

"Why you need the gun?" I asked , fearing my cousin's safety .

"It's not for your cousin , calm down unless it needs to be." He stated , handing me my bag and got out .

I put the straps on my shoulders , stepping out and closed the door .

He knocked on the door , looking around as I stood in front of him.

I knocked again , a little lower to not frighten him of the knocking at such a late time .

I heard a gun cock before locks were undid . I swallowed lowly .

He opened the door with sleepiness evident in his eyes . He squinted a bit through the screen door .

"Lisa?" He asked low .

"H-hey cousin Car." I said with a smile . He opened the door , looking down at me .

"Wassup lil cuz, what you doing here?" He asked .

August took a deep breath .

"Can we come in?" I asked , he nodded holding the door as I walked in with August behind me.

"Sup I'm aug." August said giving him a man shake , carter nodded.

"Car, so what y'all here for?" He asked , closing and locking the door back .

He put his shotgun back where he had it before I continued .

"Can't just visit my cousin?" I asked with a weird laugh . He furrowed his eyebrows , looking over at his digital clock on the coffee table .

"At 3:46 in the morning Lisa?"

"We needed a place to stay , maybe for a few days or so and you was the closest option." August blurted . Carter looked at him then back at me .

"Oh aight , is there another reason?" He folded his arms . "Because ya moma called me a few days ago saying you were kidnapped ." He added , looking at August .

" I wasnt kidnapped , I willingly went." I defended . He squinted . "I am not lying Carter . I didn't wanna be there with her crazy ass." He widened his eyes from me cussing .