6: Closer

>> few months in advanced

August. I could feel my lower bottom now and was making process on my walking . I couldn't wait to get back on my feet well so I could get back to my hustle. Lisa been by my side with this nursing real good , we've instantly clicked.

"You wanna come sit on my lap?" I joked as she cleaned up around in my room.

"Haha , funny August." She smiled before putting the stuff up.

I threw my legs to the side slowly, leaning off the edge a bit.

"You ready to get dressed for your session today?" She asked from a far til it trailed as she made it in here, I smirked and shrugged.

"Yeah, let's get this poppin." I said as I got down. She stood close as I limped a bit to the closet, catching the wall a bit. She held on to my waist as I went on in the closet , choosing my own clothes.

Gotta look fresh even I ain't in the best state of walking.

"So what's the first thing you're ready to do when your walking is back in tack?" Lisa asked , almost more excited than I was. I looked up as I thought.

"Run." I lied, knowing I was gonna be moving away. Gotta get away before these niggas find a nigga, I've been here too long already.

"Oh wow! I thought that would probably be your first." She chuckled , I chuckled at her obliviousness.

"But actually the first thing I really wanna do is maybe take you on a date.." I actually spoke honest as I flung my shirt off.

"Oh...wow really?" She asked a bit surprised. I nodded.

"Of course, I could see you as my girl." I winked as I threw my shirt on .

"Ha, yeah I don't know though. I've really sat the dating plate down." She stated before she helped me out , getting ready.

"Hm is that right?"

"Yeah it never works out with me , I always end up with a bad dude. It's like in my destiny or something." She said , I was kinda tuning her in and out.

"We'll just give a nigga like me a chance." I said , she shrugged.

"We'll see." She smiled. "But we gotta get going , I don't want you to be late." She said as she went and got the keys , coming back to help me.

*

*
*

Lisa. August really threw me off with that dating stuff. It's not that he's not attractive , it's just like my bad luck in relationships or whatever , I do not want another bad boy . It never ends well.

I sipped some water from my bottle as I watched August trainer help him exercise his legs.
It was really cool actually seeing him regain his strength back in his legs to walking again. I had never experienced seeing it since this is my first year in home nursing.

I hope I get to help lots of others.

"Be careful August ." I stated as I saw him sort of flench. It look it was sorta starting to be a strain for him so I just notified his trainer and they stopped. I don't want him to overwork it.

"You did great today August , I can see your progress !" His trainer said, giving him a handshake.

"Preciate it."

"I'm proud , it's like a mother seeing her baby struggling to walk." I joked. He smacked his lips.

"Haha very funny." He said . "Wanna go get some grub?" He asked, I nodded.

"Sure! Where you wanna go?" I asked as I walked along side him closely as we walked out , I was very cautious to him.

"Uh.... I really want some BBQ's so how bout E&L's." He suggested , I nodded.

It was downtown , almost on the other side of Jackson but it's cool , I don't mind.

"Alright sir, let's head there." I said as he got in the passenger seat. He grunted as I closed the door and went to the driver side.

"What's wrong?" I asked as I drunk up.

"You calling me sir like I'm old or some shit." I laughed .

"I was actually joking but you're still my boss so.." I said, he shrugged.

"I guess but I'd rather be your boyfriend."

"Smooth Mr.August." I said laughing as I pulled out the parking lot.

*
*

August. I was enjoying the ride, looking over at Lisa every once in a while. I was really digging her like her vibes were always positive which I totally liked one hundred percent.

I felt my phone buzz in my pocket , making me retrieve it.

Sneak 💂
From: wassup Fam? Havnt heard from ya, how's ya walkin?
To:what's poppin, everything goin cool sneak hbu nigga?
From:I'm here, I'm hustling. New place chilled.
To:dwu! My ole nurse..I'm digging her vibes.
From:you around her enough might as well cuff her..
To:no lie
From: but that shit you do...I don't think she'll be able to hang homie
To:.....um, let's wait til I'm back on my feet . If she mines by then, she coming
From:that's pretty dangerous...but alright Fam do you
To:done me , I'll holla we finna get some grub
From:gone.

I pondered over the conversation as Lisa opened my door.

_______________________

What's this dangerous shit you may wonder?
It's not drug dealing . I'll tell u that 🌚

Oo! Threw that off Huh.
Fsee feedback !

- YD