| š™“ .

( slightly dramatic chapter, my poetic side got the best of me.)

" Why? "

" Huh? "

A brief silence flooded over Emi and her sudden companion.

" Hyun, Why are you walking me to school? " Emi huffed and fastened her walk to school but he easily strided next to her, his long legs having a better advantage.

" Maybe because I want to. " he says smartly, and Emi muttered something under her breath in Japanese.

" Look, I've already said sorry! What more do you want me to do? "

Emi whirled around with a look of hurt flashing in her brownish-grey eyes.

" I wasn't asking for an apology, Hyun! Apparently I should be apologizing to you. So I'm sorry Hyun, that I'm completely incompetent for trying to live my life when a billion other things are happening, "

Emi started walking again, her heels pounding on the concrete harder than usual as Hyun let out a frustrated groan and followed after her.

" Do you think I asked Chloe to break my phone? Do you think I asked Nino not to pick me up and bring me to a party against my will? Do you think I asked for that boy to get akumatized??
And do you think I got trapped in ice willingly?? " Emi rants, her voice becoming higher and higher, until curious bystanders turned to face them.

Hyun sighed and scratched the back of his head in guilt and opened his mouth to apologize again.

" No, it's fine. I should've been safer, right? Sometimes, hawkmoth decides not to akumatize people. So how would I know if someone randomly got akumatized? I'm only one person and my eyes aren't around paris! "

" Emi... You know that isn't what I was trying to say! I was just worried about you so I automatically mentioned things that you have no control of. I'm sorry! "

Hyun switched to Korean then, not wanting others to hear their conversation any longer.

He bowed deeply, and Emi ignored him, continuing to walk until she was in front of the school, or next to it.

" Emi, please... I know it was selfish of me, so please... forgive me. " he says, grasping her wrist tightly.

Her demeanor softened, and she sighed.

" Hyun. I know you care about me, and that you worry for me but it's just so suffocating when I have not one, but basically two people controlling everything I do. If I get captured or kidnapped or trapped, I don't care. Because I know Ladybug and Chat Noir will help me. I swear that I'll tell you if something happens... but for now, you need to trust me. "

Hyun sighs softly for the last time, leaning down to rest his forehead against her shoulder, his black hair brushing against her cheek, and his fingers spreading out along her back in a breezy embrace.