The Advise

Laya’s PoV

He is impossible to tolerate. He always miniscule me in every chance he gets. He is smart. He is handsome! He is tall. He is muscular. He is a desirable looking man, I agree! But that doesn't mean he had to keep telling me that I am no match for him. He is very conceited that he fails to see the anger it causes me whenever he tries to point out my flaws. Even now he calls me ‘kuttichathan’ and ‘gundu poosanikai’. How dare he?

No one knows his cruel face except me and that makes him a very good boy! How is it fair that everyone is respecting him when my mom always tries to find faults with me in everyone’s presence?

“Vani, you are not a child anymore. Don't be a burden to him. You are now a married woman and you know what I have been doing in this house ever since. You must take care of the household. It is not a chore! It is your responsibility. When you fail to take your responsibility, another will replace you. If you want to be irreplaceable, then you should do what it takes. There is no point in whining after you lose your importance.”

“Wow, is this your advice for me to lead a happy life?” I asked my mom as I was completely angered by her lecture. Who wants to do house chores? That too for him!? I would be glad if someone replaced me in his life. I would be thankful to that person who is going to replace me. I am not important to him and neither is he to me. 

“Listen to me now or you will regret later, Vani. You have been pampered by everyone in our family all your life. This new life will be different and trust me it is real life. So far you have been in a little bubble of joy that was not stable. Your life with him is true! Make it yours. You have enough time, Vani.”

“Ma! Please! He has maids in his house to do his chores. He said all I wanted to do was to go to college and come back like a good girl. And I like this so-called unstable bubble of joy I am in!”

“As your mother, it is my responsibility to shove in some sense to you but it is your life. All we ever want is your happiness. And don't talk disrespectfully to him. You are going to his place and you should not behave in a way that humiliates him. He is your husband and also a public figure. Whatever you do will straight away disturb his image. Keep that in mind.” 

“I promise I will not do anything to spoil his image. Is that enough?” I asked her for which she nodded her head. “Now, I need a promise from you. We married for the sake of this family. There is no love between us. We will be together for this one year and if we come back as we are now, then no one should feel bad and accept our decision.”

“Haha, if you come back as you are now? Sure!” My mom said sarcastically. 

“It was not what you think that happened in the room.” I tried to correct her.

“I know!”

“Ma!”

“I promise you, Vani. I will take care of our family members if you come back as you are now after a year. Now try to be a good wife to him!” My mother said and walked away as if it made no worry in her heart. That confidence she has that I will definitely fall in love with that idiot is infuriating me to the core. I am not going to let her win! 

The rest of the day went with him roaming out in the fields and for me in packing! It was finally dinner time and my mom ordered me to go call ‘my husband’ for dinner. I walked out to the balcony where he was talking on the phone with someone regarding his schedule from the day after tomorrow. He was asking them to postpone his plans for tomorrow to some other date. 

“Come on, Fahad. Tell them it was a family emergency. I had to take care of my family. I will give them two dates for the missed one day. Everything will go as planned. If you cannot work it out, then I will talk to the producer directly.”